Not the Brightest Bulb... :-) Funny Day at the Office

One of the functions I manage is corporate security. In a regulated industry so we are locked down and monitored and at one of our satellite facilities, the landlord is doing some work and has some tooling and supplies near the facility, which is somewhat remote.

A kid who I'm sure on his way back from the medical or rocket science school library, decides to poke around the side of the building. He notices one of the cameras, stares into it while he figures out what it is, leaves, returns with spray paint, stares into the lens cover as he sprays it, then does whatever.

If I hadn't sat through the playback, I honestly would not have believed it. Really...

Gene Hackman was in a film where he was a higher end burglar.
In one scene, he'd broken into a place and was removing articles off shelves.
Upon removal of one handful of items, he reveals (starkly to the audience) a camera; a camera which obviously captured his entire time in the room. His face is in the lens. The director even cut to the camera's image for a moment to drive the point home.

The look on Hackman's face is priceless. He knows he's caught on tape. A good, low budget heist film.

Back