Nokya Bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in changing my Camry's stock fog lamps from white to selective yellow. They use 9006 bulbs.

The only ones readily available, are Nokya Hyper Yellows. I was hoping to find something from Osram, Hella, or Philips. But these are oversea orders, and from what I understand, they are not too much different from white halogen.

Anyone used Nokya before? What is the country of origin for these bulbs? They seem to target the ricer crowd, which is what bothers me
dunno.gif

Ive used Nokya and been pretty impressed...I believe that they are made in korea/china but they did improve the white-ness and light output when i used 9006 bulbs in my 01 M5.

I have Nokya H3 yellow bulbs in a Hella FF200 fog light kit on my MINI. I was very impressed with the bulbs considering the price (
I'm not sure I'd go for the Hella Yellowstar bulbs as they are a lighter yellow. Nokya's are a deep 2500k while Yellowstars are around 3000k. From what I've read, PIAA ion yellows are considered the best (but cost an arm and a leg). I haven't seen a direct comparison between all the different yellow bulbs.

Yeah, the human eye 'sees' the yellow wavelengths better than others so it is perceived as brighter. It allows you to see through inclimate weather a little better.

The yellow bulb or lamp that gave yellow its favorable reputation can no longer be made. It relied upon a heavy metal that is no longer permitted do to environmental concerns. There really is no objective evidence that today's yellow lights offer any advantage. Nothing wrong with them either. France dropped the mandate for yellow headlights many years ago since the assumptions behind that mandate were not based upon reality.

Richard.

I changes my Mazda Tribute's H1 fogs to the Hyper Yellow. The main reason was for increased contrast/visability to other vehicles in bad weather. They will put out less light, but the Tribby came with very good Cibie fogs, so the loss isn't too bad.

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back