Nokian Entyre 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its time to buy a new set of summer/all-season tires. I am looking at buying the Nokian Entyre 2.0 which is new to the market this spring so I wouldn't necessarily expect many to know about them or have bought them and used them long enough to form an opinion. However, anyone know much about them?

Here is a link to the Nokian website:

http://www.nokiantires.com/summer-tires/nokian-entyre-20/

Treadlife warranty is 130000km

Or does anyone have any other comparable tires in mind? Application is a 2008 Civic LX

Thanks!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Specifically designed for North America, so they're probably made in the US by Cooper.

?????

Nokian Tyres licenses production of its tyres to companies in the United States (Bridgestone, LaVergne, Tennessee plant)...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14

Nokian Tyres licenses production of its tyres to companies in the United States (Bridgestone, LaVergne, Tennessee plant)...

Oh, cool.

I know they used to contract with Cooper, and that the Cooper-made Nokes were of poor quality. Hokian probably ended the contract due to such issues. Glad to know they use Bridgestone now
smile.gif

Perhaps they did...

I had to Google to find out who made their tires here.

Frankly, because they're so hard to find, and so expensive, I assumed they were made in Finland...

I love Nokians. Gone through a few sets of Hakkapeliittas and one set of Vatiivas...but down here in VA, they're like Hen's teeth...

for the OP, they look like great tires, and I've always had good luck with Nokians.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Frankly, because they're so hard to find, and so expensive, I assumed they were made in Finland...

They opened a large modern factory in Russia not too long ago. That's where a lot of their tires are made now, including this Entyre 2.0.

Why not get a set of WRG3's, which are ideal for most of Ontario (at least the southern portion)? They are pretty good in the winter for light snow and slush. They have the snowflake symbol too.

Another really good set for a Civic is the Michelin Primacy A/S, which is exceptional in the rain, good in dry, and OK in snow. They corner well, are quiet, and don't make much noise on bumps. They are probably the best all-around tires for regular sedans available. They are not as good as a dedicated snow tire, but fine for fall and spring conditions. We use a set on our Subaru year round and have had no problems going through 1 ft of snow.

Loved my Hakka 2's, great snow, although they flat spotted at the end, after 40k. Loved my entyre also, only tire to make 50k on my Jetta. Hated my i3, horrible tire.

I hope this entyre 2 is as good as the first.

Originally Posted By: NO2
Why not get a set of WRG3's, which are ideal for most of Ontario (at least the southern portion)? They are pretty good in the winter for light snow and slush. They have the snowflake symbol too.

Another really good set for a Civic is the Michelin Primacy A/S, which is exceptional in the rain, good in dry, and OK in snow. They corner well, are quiet, and don't make much noise on bumps. They are probably the best all-around tires for regular sedans available. They are not as good as a dedicated snow tire, but fine for fall and spring conditions. We use a set on our Subaru year round and have had no problems going through 1 ft of snow.
Originally Posted By: supton
Loved my Hakka 2's, great snow, although they flat spotted at the end, after 40k. Loved my entyre also, only tire to make 50k on my Jetta. Hated my i3, horrible tire.

I hope this entyre 2 is as good as the first.

I have the Hakka R2 snows and they were excellent in the snow and ice (I live in Northern Ont) Big improvement over the Canadian Tire Goodyear Nordics I had especially on the highway. So thats mostly why I wont be getting the WRG3's becuse I have a dedicated snow.

Glad to hear you had a good experience with the 1st gen entyre. Pretty sure I'll be getting them now!

That reminds me, I didn't like the WRG2's, they seemed to be the worst of either type of tire, without the benefits of either. They also got loud and wore fast. Hence I've never tried, nor plan to try, the WRG3's.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
My parents' Hakkapellitas were made in Russia

Good call. I contacted Nokian amd the entyre 2.0 is made in Mother Russia as well.

Honestly, I bought these tires and am happy to report that I am very impressed with them thus far. Dry handing and cornering is very good. The quietness of the tire is outstanding and especially over road bumps/cracks. I am definately sold on Nokian. Its too bad the general public and car dealerships are not more aware if them. They are a high quality tyre manufacturer no doubt.

Originally Posted By: R18A1
I contacted Nokian amd the entyre 2.0 is made in Mother Russia as well.

Isn't that what I said above?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back