Nokia 900 Lumia

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am thinking of getting one to replace my old Galaxy. I don't like contracts and will use it on ST. They seem to be going for around $100 these days.

So what do people think of them? Are they reliable? i like to have 4 g as mine does not have it now

I bought a Lumia 521 last December and I can say that after having experienced an iPhone and a Nexus, I feel the OS Microsoft is putting on these phones is nicer to use.

For my needs it has been perfect. I can only imagine this OS paired with more powerful hardware would be even better.

The Lumia 900 is the phone that convinced me to get a Lumia 920.

I enjoyed the 920 a lot. Only gave it up because I broke it (dropped it at just the right angle to break the glass). It took quite a lot of punishment before that.

Windows Phone 8 is a great mobile OS (unlike its PC counterpart). A Lumia 900 will come with Windows Phone 7.x, which I don't know too much about other than that it's pretty similar.

Isnt one of these the phone that has the "41 MP" camera?

Neat concept, but shooting real full frame FX at 36 MP means that the practicality of that to me is zero, if youre planning to use your phone as a camera much.

I used windows CE back in the day, I can only imagine that windows 8, if optimized/designed for these sorts of devices, must be pretty awesome.

If you are looking at the Lumia 900, that was the flagship windows phone in the US... 2 1/2 years ago. It has windows 7.x and isn't upgradeable to windows 8, which actually shines on a phone.

I had the Lumia 900 and it was a good phone. When I upgraded in April (to another windows phone) the fact it was a window 7.x phone was an issue - apps aren't supported and nobody is spending time on them. Its a dead phone.

Look at the newer Lumia phones. I have a Lumia 925, and I like it a lot.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Neat concept, but shooting real full frame FX at 36 MP means that the practicality of that to me is zero, if youre planning to use your phone as a camera much.

That's the Lumia 1020.

The real advantage of that camera is that it can downsample to, say, 6-8 MP, and end up with a sharper and less noisy picture than other cameras at their native pixel counts.

They also talk about digital zoom being better, but whatevs.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

That's the Lumia 1020.

The real advantage of that camera is that it can downsample to, say, 6-8 MP, and end up with a sharper and less noisy picture than other cameras at their native pixel counts.

They also talk about digital zoom being better, but whatevs.

OT, but only except that the noise due to the physics of a sensor that small makes it all wrong under anything but the best light anyway... Heck, 36 MP is a bit too tight on an FX (35mm) size sensor, let alone something phone sized.

Thank goodness for sunshine is all I can think to say!

Anyway, different phone, but thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back