NMMA FC-W 10W-30 oil for Pressure Washer?

I recognize that FC-W certified marine engine oils contain higher levels of rust and corrosion inhibitors.

Would this type of oil be beneficial for a pressure washer small engine application since these engines are constantly operated in a "semi-wet environment?"

Last edited:
I've had my Troy-Bilt washer with a Briggs flat head that is 16 years old. All I've ever used is SAE 30 oil, never had any sorts of "rust" or corrosion issues. Though mine is stored in doors when not in use.

I recognize that FC-W certified marine engine oils contain higher levels of rust and corrosion inhibitors.

Would this type of oil be beneficial for a pressure washer small engine application since these engines are constantly operated in a "semi-wet environment?"

The engine on a pressure washer will run hot and evaporate any water mist that lands on it. I wouldn't go out of my way to use a special oil with special corrosion inhibitors.
Also, outboard engines are water cooled. The oils are targeted towards the marine environment, not a hot air cooled environment. That oil will most likely work just fine, but probably not any better than supertech from walmart in this application.

Back