Nitrogen in the Shell gasoline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Shell had no ethanol in their gasoline I would never try it cuz it costs too much in my area of Los Angeles!!!

Regular: $3.65/gallon
Mid Grade: $3.76/gallon
Supreme: $3.87/gallon

Ethanol..... so what? I'd rather go to Arco and get their gasoline at:

Regular: $2.85/gallon
Mid Grade: $3.03/gallon
Supreme: $3.09/gallon

Arco gas is considered in my book to be just as good as Shell and the price is right.

Durango

Originally Posted By: Durango
Even if Shell had no ethanol in their gasoline I would never try it cuz it costs too much in my area of Los Angeles!!!

Regular: $3.65/gallon
Mid Grade: $3.76/gallon
Supreme: $3.87/gallon

Ethanol..... so what? I'd rather go to Arco and get their gasoline at:

Regular: $2.85/gallon
Mid Grade: $3.03/gallon
Supreme: $3.09/gallon

Arco gas is considered in my book to be just as good as Shell and the price is right.

Durango

You must be cruising the wrong gas stations in LA. I show the following prices in the last 24 hours...

Regular:
ARCO - $2.79
Shell - $2.87

Mid-Grade:
ARCO - $2.93
Shell - $2.99

Premium:
ARCO - $3.03
Shell - $3.09

There are plenty of ARCO stations with higher prices than can be had at any number of their Shell competitors. It's like everything else, you've got to shop around.

The Shell in my area is 2.95 for the 93. A block from it is Turkey Hill, which is 2.75 for 92. Both are Top Tier, so I go with the TH.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
The Shell in my area is 2.95 for the 93. A block from it is Turkey Hill, which is 2.75 for 92. Both are Top Tier, so I go with the TH.

Considering that Turkey Hill is part of the Kroger Company, I've been wondering why they don't have Top Tier certification for their other fuel operations. Strange...

Yeah,looks like their charging (Shell) an extra .20 for that additional octane point.
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: lexus114

Yeah,looks like their charging (Shell) an extra .20 for that additional octane point.
shocked2.gif

I'll have to look the next time, but I think the same price difference is there for the 87 and 89.

I haven't noticed enough difference between the two to justify using the Shell any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back