Nissan Versa 5 speed manual 1.6l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: sw99
I see brand new ones advertised for $8,995 new all the time.

Really? Care to post some of these "new" ones you see all the time for $8,995??

Here's one local to me. $8,988
Link

$8,495

Link

$7,850

Link

Even if those Versas exist, I highly doubt anyone would qualify for all the rebates and incentives it would require to get this vehicle at nearly half off the MSRP.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JTK
Originally Posted By: sw99
I see brand new ones advertised for $8,995 new all the time.

Really? Care to post some of these "new" ones you see all the time for $8,995??

Here's one local to me. $8,988
Link

$8,495

Link

$7,850

Link

Even if those Versas exist, I highly doubt anyone would qualify for all the rebates and incentives it would require to get this vehicle at nearly half off the MSRP.
The everyday price is $9,488. $500 off for having graduated from college in the past 2 years (I have).
bgsgsp.jpg

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
I have a lot more confidence in Toyota's ability to make a quality (talking reliability) econobox, than I do nissan.

Which is ironic considering Toyota no longer makes an econobox anymore. The Yaris is soon to be dead and Mazda is making the rebadged small car for Toyota.

The Versa... meh. There are better small cars but there are more expensive. The Versa is built to that low price. A cheap car. A used one will depend on the market and you will likely push for a better price considering that the new ones are discounted so much. If you want something CHEAP with a warranty, the Versa is not bad. Considering other "cheap" options like the Accent/Rio, the Nissan has spectacular crash ratings. Not as good as the Fiesta/Spark. Reliability is better than the Fiesta (although going manual solves most of that issue). I personally think the Spark/Fiesta is the way to go.

They're attractive looking cars. I've seen them decked out with body package options (rear spoiler,etc) that make them look more like a Sentra. They also look best in black. If I were to buy an economy car,it'd be Japanese only.

Originally Posted By: JTK

Yea agreed for sure.

I have always appreciated them because they remind me of the 1977 Datsun B210 that my father bought new for $2999. That car would just go and go and go... Never gave the owner a hint of trouble. But it sounds like our expectations are greater now, and the spark plug issue is a downer for sure.

I regard them as the modern day Geo Metro. If you want brand new and ultra cheap the Versa is your car. Life is too short to drive something like that IMO. Go older used, spend more, get a nicer car to spend your precious time in. If rock bottom cost is the only concern get a $2,000 camry and wring another 100k miles out of it.

With reasonable care i don't think there would be anything wrong mechanically for a long time in a Versa, just no fun or luxury of any sort.

Originally Posted By: dareo
I regard them as the modern day Geo Metro. If you want brand new and ultra cheap the Versa is your car. Life is too short to drive something like that IMO.

I have a spark as a second car. 38 mpg 95% of the time it goes 4 miles into town and 4 miles back. These little cars have their place....you don't buy anyone elses troubles (used/abused car)

Originally Posted By: Al
dareo said:
I have a spark as a second car. 38 mpg 95% of the time it goes 4 miles into town and 4 miles back. These little cars have their place....you don't buy anyone elses troubles (used/abused car)

I totally agree. Cheap reliable transportation for me but to each his own.

If rock bottom cost is the only concern get a $2,000 camry and wring another 100k miles out of it.

Sounds like a plan! Lol!

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Al

Sure they are great for a lot of people. If today's quoted prices on Autotrader are real and you can get one for a 4 digit price that is pretty amazing. I would just look at one in my driveway and think "At least its brand new" as its only strong pro. A little nicer car can be enjoyed the day you buy it and 10 years later just the same.

If rock bottom cost is the only concern get a $2,000 camry and wring another 100k miles out of it.

Sounds like a plan! Lol!

crackmeup2.gif

wouldn't know anything about that plan...
whistle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back