Nissan mystery

Update**

No codes found.

Took the car out drove it easy drove it hard fueled her up. The car never felt and ran so smooth to the point where my father and I looked at one another while idling at a red light and said feels like the car is off.
Sound like something cause ECM to lose power and reset all the learning values? How's the fuse box, connectors and wiring looking? Bad contact or occasional short?

Sound like something cause ECM to lose power and reset all the learning values? How's the fuse box, connectors and wiring looking? Bad contact or occasional short?
That’s a possibility anything electrical on a Nissan can be. Backup cam had a loose molex connection and when it was just the right dampness it would cut off the camera weird intermittent issue. That was an issue I found myself luckily. Honestly my wife can be a scatter brain at times if one ever seen where the push button on the sentra is located I think she hit the button she said she was making a 3-point turn because the one exit had school traffic backing up. 🫨🙄or she likes to sit her wallet and phone basically right on top of the button. I’m really hoping this was the situation.

It doesn't sound like you live anywhere near the rust belt, but I personally would consider hunting down the main grounding points for the ECU and BCM, pull off the ground wires, clean them up a bit, and reconnect them, just to ensure that the grounds are good to go.

I wouldn't put much more effort into the issue unless it happens a few more times so that there's a trend you can actually troubleshoot.

For me, anything below 12.6V is a test, or charge and retest, or a replace. and anything below 12.2V where the charging system is okay goes straight in the bin
Battery is definitely shot went out for I’d say a 50 mile ride round trip got home put the multimeter on the battery check attachment for voltage. Going to buy a battery tomorrow morning.

Would be nice to collect on mail-in-rebate along with 10% military discount.

While the car is running battery reads over 14v therefore I take it charging system is fine.

Attachments

• IMG_3525.jpeg
    IMG_3525.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 17
Battery is definitely shot went out for I’d say a 50 mile ride round trip got home put the multimeter on the battery check attachment for voltage. Going to buy a battery tomorrow morning.

Would be nice to collect on mail-in-rebate along with 10% military discount.

While the car is running battery reads over 14v therefore I take it charging system is fine.
100% correct!

Back