Nissan Matic-P VOA

According to the TDS for LM Top Tech ATF 1800:
Technical data:
Viscosity at 40 °C 28,2 mm²/s ASTM D 7042-04
Viscosity at 100 °C 5,9 mm²/s ASTM D 7042-04 (This is a viscosity of 5.9 cSt, an LV ATF)

According to the TDS for Amsoil Signature Fuel Efficient Transmission Fluid has a 100C viscosity of 6.3 cSt. (This is an LV ATF)

Nissan wants an ATF with a 100C viscosity of 4.5 cSt. This is a ULV ATF.

Nissan Matic-P, Nissan part #999MP-MTP10P. It is one of the new "ULV" or Ultra Low Viscosity transmission fluids with a 100C kinematic viscosity of 4.5 cSt.

Please read the specs as it pays to look at the oil properties.
Educated Accurate Feedback is what we all want!
Thank you very much

Thanks. I looked at all of the 'approved fluids' from that list and as of now the only 'properties' given for any of them are density, pour point, and color; no 40C or 100C viscosities.

One has to ask How thin is to thin?
Can you over do the Fuel Efficiency/Viscosity VS Transmission Health/Smooth Proper Function?

Last edited:
One has to ask How thin is to thin?
Can you over do the Fuel Efficiency/Viscosity VS Transmission Health/Smooth Proper Function?
For step-shift transmissions I think we have to consider the issue of the internal design of the transmission, such as:

1) gearing type and gear placement,
2) pump design such as internal pressure delivered,
3) valving and the programming of the valving,
4) wet clutch materials and pressure programming of same,
5) fluid heat transfer,
6) lower HP loss due to lower viscosity fluid,
7) enhanced ATF formulation at lower viscosities such as improved anti-wear, friction modification, anti-oxidant, VII, and metal inhibitor chemistry's.

I suspect we could go down to about 2.5 cSt@100C or so with available PAO and ester base oils but that would require a major bump in additive technology.

Last edited:
Back