Nissan Matic-P VOA

MolaKule

Staff member
I finally received the analyses from the 'Labs' on the Nissan Matic-P, Nissan part #999MP-MTP10P. The dealer did clarify it is targeted for the new JATCO JR913E 9-speed transmissions that will 'potentially' replace the CVT in later year Pathfinders and other vehicles.

It is one of the new "ULV" or Ultra Low Viscosity transmission fluids with a 100C kinematic viscosity of 4.5 cSt. Dealer cost, with 7% tax, was $33.99.

Calcium averaged 250 ppm, Boron averaged 150 ppm, Phosphorus averaged 340 ppm, and Zinc averaged 7 ppm.

The color is a transparent Amber color, no dye detected.

It is what I would term a full synthetic since various spectra showed a majority of GTL, and Group IV and V components. Now some of what appeared to be Group V components were undoubtedly the phosphorous esters and the Friction Modifiers.

Other components showing up were metal inhibitors, rust inhibitors, and some minor VII. It also appears, due to the minor amount of VII, the 100C viscosity is mostly based on the Viscosity Indices of the synthetic base fluids.

Also posted here as there was a question as to whether or not this was similar to other Nissan Matic fluids:

Addendum: Due to this fluid's chemical signature and viscosity, I do not see, as of yet, a comparable aftermarket replacement for this fluid.

So our conjectures about using Nissan Matic-S or MaxLife as a replacement fluid is unwarranted.

Last edited:
That transmission is the Mercedes 9G-Tronic built under license. What does Mercedes specify for the 9G?
From the above link:

"5.) License for Daimler next-generation 9-speed automatic transmissions Facts:  Nissan has been granted a license to manufacture Daimler’s advanced 9- speed automatic transmission with latest technology for use in Nissan and Infiniti vehicles.  The transmissions will be manufactured in Japan by Nissan’s subsidiary Jatco starting in 2018 and will feature "start and stop" and "park and shift by wire” technologies...."

This is interesting as other links have 'inferred' that it was just the opposite, that is, it was Jatco that had the original design and it was Jatco that was leasing the design to others.

As to the Daimler fluid specification, I do not know. Perhaps clinebarger might know. I'll send him a PM.

From the above link:

"5.) License for Daimler next-generation 9-speed automatic transmissions Facts:  Nissan has been granted a license to manufacture Daimler’s advanced 9- speed automatic transmission with latest technology for use in Nissan and Infiniti vehicles.  The transmissions will be manufactured in Japan by Nissan’s subsidiary Jatco starting in 2018 and will feature "start and stop" and "park and shift by wire” technologies...."

This is interesting as other links have 'inferred' that it was just the opposite, that is, it was Jatco that had the original design and it was Jatco that was leasing the design to others.

As to the Daimler fluid specification, I do not know. Perhaps clinebarger might know. I'll send him a PM.
The 9-speeds require a MB 236.17 approved fluid. MB maintains a list of licensed fluids on their website:

I finally received the analyses from the 'Labs' on the Nissan Matic-P, Nissan part #999MP-MTP10P. The dealer did clarify it is targeted for the new JATCO JR913E 9-speed transmissions that will 'potentially' replace the CVT in later year Pathfinders and other vehicles.

It is one of the new "ULV" or Ultra Low Viscosity transmission fluids with a 100C kinematic viscosity of 4.5 cSt. Dealer cost, with 7% tax, was $33.99.

Calcium averaged 250 ppm, Boron averaged 150 ppm, Phosphorus averaged 340 ppm, and Zinc averaged 7 ppm.

It is what I would term a full synthetic since various spectra showed a majority of GTL, and Group IV and V components. Now some of what appeared to be Group V components were undoubtedly the phosphorous esters and the Friction Modifiers.

Other components showing up were metal inhibitors, rust inhibitors, and some minor VII. It also appears, due to the minor amount of VII, the 100C viscosity is mostly based on the Viscosity Indices of the synthetic base fluids.

Also posted here as there was a question as to whether or not this was similar to other Nissan Matic fluids:

Addendum: Due to this fluid's chemical signature and viscosity, I do not see, as of yet, a comparable aftermarket replacement for this fluid.

So our conjectures about using Nissan Matic-S or MaxLife as a replacement fluid is unwarranted.
I have no idea about the additive package of the MC fluid but the viscosity is equal to the Nissan. Just throwing out an idea if it’s a possible candidate.
Thanks

Attachments

• DE019CAD-3BCA-4421-95E3-674ABDC895C5.jpeg
    DE019CAD-3BCA-4421-95E3-674ABDC895C5.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited by a moderator:
The 9-speeds require a MB 236.17 approved fluid. MB maintains a list of licensed fluids on their website:

Thanks. I looked at all of the 'approved fluids' from that list and as of now the only 'properties' given for any of them are density, pour point, and color; no 40C or 100C viscosities.

I have no idea about the additive package of the MC fluid but the viscosity is equal to the Nissan. Just throwing out an idea if it’s a possible candidate.
Thanks
I suspect the ULV ATF oils made by the various blenders are very similar in additive chemistry and viscosity.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I had a question in regard to this post.
Have you seen this Matic P fluid for the 9-speed since you analyzed it on this date?
I have a '23 Frontier and I'm very curious about its color. It states here that it appears to be a transparent amber color.
Thank you very much!

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I had a question in regard to this post.
Have you seen this Matic P fluid for the 9-speed since you analyzed it on this date?
I have a '23 Frontier and I'm very curious about its color. It states here that it appears to be a transparent amber color.
Thank you very much!
Have I analyzed it since 2020? No I haven't but the original analysis showed a transparent amber color, no detectable red or cyan dye as in some other Nissan Fluids.

Reactions: CF7
Have I analyzed it since 2020? No I haven't but the original analysis showed a transparent amber color, no detectable red or cyan dye as in some other Nissan Fluids.
Ok, interesting. Thank you very much for your research and response.

Is the Nissan 9 Speed Exact Clone?
Can I use MB-Approval 236.17 :
Mercedes Automatic Transmission Fluid - Genuine Mercedes 002989060312
Or
Liqui Moly TOP TEC ATF 1950
Checking with Fuch's and Motul for MB-Approval 236.17

I finally received the analyzes from the 'Labs' on the Nissan Matic-P, Nissan part #999MP-MTP10P. The dealer did clarify it is targeted for the new JATCO JR913E 9-speed transmissions that will 'potentially' replace the CVT in later year Pathfinders and other vehicles.

It is what I would term a full synthetic since various spectra showed a majority of GTL, and Group IV and V components. Now some of what appeared to be Group V components were undoubtedly the phosphorous esters and the friction modifiers.

Will you Analyze Mercedes Automatic Transmission Fluid - Genuine Mercedes 002989060312 and compare your findings to see if they are basically same formulation?

Or

Or

Or

Please read Specs. LIQUI MOLY Top Tech ATF 1800
It is For use in Matic P AND Matic S ALSO

So why not use for Excellent Example: Amsoil Signature Fuel Efficient Tranmission Fluid?

Please read Specs. LIQUI MOLY Top Tech ATF 1800
It is For use in Matic P AND Matic S ALSO

So why not use for Excellent Example: Amsoil Signature Fuel Efficient Tranmission Fluid?

According to the TDS for LM Top Tech ATF 1800:
Technical data:
Viscosity at 40 °C 28,2 mm²/s ASTM D 7042-04
Viscosity at 100 °C 5,9 mm²/s ASTM D 7042-04 (This is a viscosity of 5.9 cSt, an LV ATF)

According to the TDS for Amsoil Signature Fuel Efficient Transmission Fluid has a 100C viscosity of 6.3 cSt. (This is an LV ATF)

Nissan wants an ATF with a 100C viscosity of 4.5 cSt. This is a ULV ATF.

Nissan Matic-P, Nissan part #999MP-MTP10P. It is one of the new "ULV" or Ultra Low Viscosity transmission fluids with a 100C kinematic viscosity of 4.5 cSt.

Please read the specs as it pays to look at the oil properties.

Last edited:
Back