NHTSA - May require GM to issue a new recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

I've seen the same thing on a few A4s. I knew it was the brakes because of the top light being lit up. Aren't the rear fogs closer to the license plate on those cars?

They're often just the left brake light, illuminated all the time. Thus, the vehicle will have the running rear lights on, and the left brake light on.

Originally Posted By: cchase
Seems like kind of a snore recall.

Not really.

In Miami-Dade and Broward County 99% of the people tailgate big time and do not slow down when traffic comes to a dead stop out there on the highway..They do not slow down until the brake lights go on..Most people are texting and only looking up at the traffic every so often plus everyone drives like they are in their own country which does not help either.

It is bad enough that every run on I-95 down here is a suicide run with working brake lights as it is.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Originally Posted By: Miller88

THen, there's the cars with the brake lights on all the time - even after the car is turned off.

Sisters BMW and my Old 02 VW. I see a lot of European stuff with brake lights on just crusing at highway speeds.

+1 I see a lot more Audi and VW cars with brake lights stuck on compared to GM vehicles. I've seen at least 4 Audi A4s with that issue, and a VW Jetta and Passat with the same problem.

I did see a Chevy Aveo with a strange issue though. When the car was driving in front of me the brake lights were lit up, but dimly. I knew it was the brake lights because the top one was on. When they approached a stop sign and tapped the brakes, their turn signal lights lit up at the same time. They were solid though, no blinking. Not sure what was wrong with the car. I jumped out and told the owner but she didn't really seem bothered by it. Maybe when she gets rearended or pulled over she might be.
21.gif

Sounds like a bad ground.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

Sounds like a bad ground.

That is what I thought as well. I was more annoyed with the fact that the lady didn't seem to care. I've seen that a lot lately. Cars with brake lights out, headlights out, turn signals that don't work. Then they seem offended when you politely mention it to them.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back