Newbie help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ya Folks,
I've been reading the posts on this site for over a month, and I have to say you guys are worth your weight in GOLD. I can't get enough of this site. But now I need a little help. I must be missing something, or I'm not searching properly.
I'm trying to learn more about oils. Especially to learn which oils are better for my two cars. (2002 Ford focus wagon 75K kms and a 1994 Honda Accord 250K kms) I've seen the techincal data sheets on the oils at the top of this forum, but I don't know what all the specs mean, and I don't know what are the good numbers as compared to the bad numbers. Also there is talk of GPI, GP II oils, SH ratings, high milage oils etc etc.
Does someone have a link to other posts or other sites that can help explain these terms.
I feel like a fool thinking that all dino (I love that moniker) oils are the same.

Also, how do Canadians get an oil analysis done?

Well that's a start anyways.
Thanks for the fun and keep up the great work.
R

Reading all the topics on the left of BITOG main page will give you a lot of info.

Patman and others like WearCheck Canada for analysis. I know the address and phone # has been listed here before. It may be in your yellow pages.

welcome.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back