New tool day!

PXL_20201121_230157730.jpg

PXL_20201121_230342718.jpg

I'm a sucker for a good sale
I was supposed to get this for under $300 delivered, but ToolNut.com bungled the whole thing and left me with no ETA
Northern Tool had it, $347.31 delivered, minus a $25 gift card they threw in that I need to use soon

It's a brushless 3/8 Mid Torque, I'm hoping it'll pick up where my beloved M12 Stubby runs out of breath

It seemed the cheapest way into the M18 world, considering the price breakdown

Impact $199
XC 5.0 batteries $149x2
Charger $59
Stick light $59
Socket set ~$50
Boot $40 or so (I wouldn't pay $4 for it)

Downsides now that it's arrived
The socket set is imperial, and short of my Grand Prix I have little to no use for it
The light while nice, is redundant as I have the M12 lantern and rocket light

I'm hoping to give it a try soon, see if it can put a dent in crank pulleys, and 19mm+ suspension fasteners that I doubt the stubby could do

Depending on pending holiday sales, we'll see if I keep it, but it seems a good foot in the door to the M18 world, if I can snag a deal on a blower or wet/dry vac

I like that generation of the Milwaukee mid-torques. You will be happy with it. I had the 1/2" version and recently sold it to a friend.
I have a 2962-20 coming today, can't wait.

I like that generation of the Milwaukee mid-torques. You will be happy with it. I had the 1/2" version and recently sold it to a friend.
I have a 2962-20 coming today, can't wait.
I wonder....

If I could flip this brand new tool on eBay (throw in the boot) for the price of the new Gen mid torque

Make the upgrade a draw on price

...might list it later, see if there's interest

I wonder....

If I could flip this brand new tool on eBay (throw in the boot) for the price of the new Gen mid torque

Make the upgrade a draw on price

...might list it later, see if there's interest

Brief sponsored review of the new ones.

Probably not worth a significant upgrade cost unless you are after every last bit of power and size reduction.

Back