New to me Chevy Cruze?

Ehh I mean their tactics were terrible no doubt about that! But this car probably does make more sense and is more practical and reliable. So I’m a weird sort of way it worked out. Awful experience and I won’t be back but at least the car is decent and all.

Crazy sales process for sure, hope it treats you well. 30K on a 6 year old car if I'm following, wondering if it was an old lady daily driver or low use the last two year.

Our '13 Cruze has treated us well. One t-stat replaced under warranty, no other issues, just oil changes, air filters, plugs and the t-belt all on the mileage schedule.

Respect for looking at the whole picture and deciding to let the BS go and focus on the positive for you outcome. Wish you many years with the Cruze. (y)
Thank you a younger me couldn't have done it. It wasn't easy but I try to keep a level head most of the time.

ICBW but IIRC you have 3 business days to back out of the deal. Hoping everything works out for you.

That's an urban myth. If you walk into the place, there is no 3 days and you can change your mind.

In SOME places, if it's a door to door sales arrangement. I.E. the cute college girl knocks on your door to sell magazines, you usually have 3 days to change your mind.

But if you walk into a place to buy and sign to buy, you own it unless the contract itself says you can bring it back.

In-laws have had 2 of these, bought new, they’ve had pretty good luck with them (1.8 automatics), maybe it will be OK-but sounds like “stealership” defined to me!

Well as many of you know we were supposed to get a 19 Jetta. We showed up yesterday to take delivery and the salesmen and the finance guy are both gone and new people are helping us we have never met. Ok no big deal. Then they offer us a 16 chevy Cruze to look at as another option. Weird…. But we were waiting anyway so might as well kill time. So we look it over . It’s cheaper with the same miles but 3 years older. It’s very clean nothing to complain about but it’s not the Jetta. My wife really wanted the Jetta. So after 2 hours of waiting we get to the finance office. Mind you on Wednesday we had already signed a lot of documents etc and were told it was a done deal. This guy starts going through the process of selling us the Cruze. So at this point we stop him and try to understand what is going on. At this point the dealership is closed he’s the only guy there. He says they couldn’t get the deal done on the Jetta because it wasn’t profitable for the dealership to sell the car to us….makes no sense. So we agreed after some not so kind words to hear him out on the Cruze. We get to the price and they want 17,999 for the Cruze the Vw was 18900 but they agreed to 16,500 on Wednesday. So I just flat out say no way. He brings the price down 1,000 more still a HARD NO from me. At this point I’m pissed off with how this whole thing has gone . It wasn’t what we were promised it was very much a bait and switch. At this point I realized we made a critical error. We gave them $4,000 to hold the Vw for us till Friday so we could finish the deal. So I say at this point I just want my 4k back and I’ll go somewhere else. He replies I can’t give that back to you tonight I don’t have cash and I can’t write a check…… I gave them 4k in cash (lesson learned). At this point I’m yelling and throwing a fit. “You need to get someone down here to give me my 4k or you better make one hell of a deal on this chevy Cruze”.
We were there till 11pm but we did get a deal. I realized this dealership threw this deal on his lap and all left and he was sitting there kind of in a bad situation. They totally screwed him around. So we got the Cruze for 13,500 which was a deal I can live with. He threw in a warranty for free and gap insurance for free. I probably don’t need gap but at least he tried to be decent. I honestly left with this feeling that I knew this car made more sense in every way over a Jetta it was even better financially. I’ve always liked the Cruze manuals they feel decent. But I was so upset with the whole situation I couldn’t even enjoy the drive home. It was such a crazy situation. At one point my son he’s 11 walks over from the sitting area where he was watching the tv and asks if things are ok because I’m yelling at this guy. I realized at that point I had to calm down but still I felt trapped and misled. Awful situation. But I got what I feel like is a decent little car at a fair price. So maybe it was worth it! I’ll add apple car play and what not to the Cruze and it’ll be fine with me. I don’t like all the nanny driving aids the VW had. The Cruze is pretty simple and just decent. So I think it worked out ok but wow what a crazy adventure to get there….. I’ll post pictures a little later by time I got home at 12:30am I just went to bed!
Thanks for reading I know it was a long one.
I would have been out of there the minute they started these shenanigans and returned the next day for the Jetta or my money. No way would I accept a 2016 Cruze over a 2019 Jetta at any price.

I would have been out of there the minute they started these shenanigans and returned the next day for the Jetta or my money. No way would I accept a 2016 Cruze over a 2019 Jetta at any price.
They wouldn't have had the money until Monday they said. The Jetta was nicer I guess more tech and stuff. But honestly I'm not a huge fan of all the techy driving aids. The Cruze is relatively simple which is kind of nice. The Jetta was quicker that was really the only huge difference. I don't necessarily need speed just a reliable commuter car is all I need. After thinking about it the Jetta kind of worried me. Getting parts is hard now especially for vw. I currently have a customer waiting ba month and a half for a ignition switch on a 16 Jetta. At least the Cruze will be easy to get parts for and easy to work on. It definitely has it's plusses.

Well as many of you know we were supposed to get a 19 Jetta. We showed up yesterday to take delivery and the salesmen and the finance guy are both gone and new people are helping us we have never met. Ok no big deal. Then they offer us a 16 chevy Cruze to look at as another option. Weird…. But we were waiting anyway so might as well kill time. So we look it over . It’s cheaper with the same miles but 3 years older. It’s very clean nothing to complain about but it’s not the Jetta. My wife really wanted the Jetta. So after 2 hours of waiting we get to the finance office. Mind you on Wednesday we had already signed a lot of documents etc and were told it was a done deal. This guy starts going through the process of selling us the Cruze. So at this point we stop him and try to understand what is going on. At this point the dealership is closed he’s the only guy there. He says they couldn’t get the deal done on the Jetta because it wasn’t profitable for the dealership to sell the car to us….makes no sense. So we agreed after some not so kind words to hear him out on the Cruze. We get to the price and they want 17,999 for the Cruze the Vw was 18900 but they agreed to 16,500 on Wednesday. So I just flat out say no way. He brings the price down 1,000 more still a HARD NO from me. At this point I’m pissed off with how this whole thing has gone . It wasn’t what we were promised it was very much a bait and switch. At this point I realized we made a critical error. We gave them $4,000 to hold the Vw for us till Friday so we could finish the deal. So I say at this point I just want my 4k back and I’ll go somewhere else. He replies I can’t give that back to you tonight I don’t have cash and I can’t write a check…… I gave them 4k in cash (lesson learned). At this point I’m yelling and throwing a fit. “You need to get someone down here to give me my 4k or you better make one hell of a deal on this chevy Cruze”.
We were there till 11pm but we did get a deal. I realized this dealership threw this deal on his lap and all left and he was sitting there kind of in a bad situation. They totally screwed him around. So we got the Cruze for 13,500 which was a deal I can live with. He threw in a warranty for free and gap insurance for free. I probably don’t need gap but at least he tried to be decent. I honestly left with this feeling that I knew this car made more sense in every way over a Jetta it was even better financially. I’ve always liked the Cruze manuals they feel decent. But I was so upset with the whole situation I couldn’t even enjoy the drive home. It was such a crazy situation. At one point my son he’s 11 walks over from the sitting area where he was watching the tv and asks if things are ok because I’m yelling at this guy. I realized at that point I had to calm down but still I felt trapped and misled. Awful situation. But I got what I feel like is a decent little car at a fair price. So maybe it was worth it! I’ll add apple car play and what not to the Cruze and it’ll be fine with me. I don’t like all the nanny driving aids the VW had. The Cruze is pretty simple and just decent. So I think it worked out ok but wow what a crazy adventure to get there….. I’ll post pictures a little later by time I got home at 12:30am I just went to bed!
Thanks for reading I know it was a long one.
Boy, you got SCREWED... Chevy Cruze is a POS. I wouldn't own one, even if given it for free. That car will be nothing but a money pit for you. Just do a quick internet search for Cruze problems...

Back