New Tires Really Are Nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
Got new tires for the Sonata and the Jeep. I've suffered for 43k miles with the Kumho Solus TA31 tires on the Sonata. They were loud and harsh, the new tires are Continental TrueContact Tour's and boy are they soft and quiet, imperfections on the road are so much softer as well.

My Jeep had a 5 year old set of BFG All Terrains KO's probably 20k-25k miles on them. They were getting really dry rotted from being in the sun for their first 2-1/2 years of life, garaged since. The tread was also chunking off from rough off-road driving. Replaced with the newer BFG All Terrain KO2's. Once again, super smooth and soft and quiet. I wasn't expecting to notice how quiet they were in my old Jeep, but boy they're a lot quieter than the old crispy ones. This time it'll be 100% garaged, so dry rotting should be as much of an issue.

Also got the Camry 1 tire since it already has 1 new one on the other side, so it'll have matching pairs.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If you put up with them on the Sonata for 43,000 miles the suffering must not have been that painful. JMHO.

LOVE new tires!! There's something wonderful about the smell in the garage too!
wink.gif

About a month ago I put new Michelin Defender LT M/S on my wife's 4Runner. Made a huge difference in ride quality and noise over the stock Dunlops.

KO2's are awesome tires!

Originally Posted by K20FA5
wink.gif

About a month ago I put new Michelin Defender LT M/S on my wife's 4Runner. Made a huge difference in ride quality and noise over the stock Dunlops.

KO2's are awesome tires!

LOL I love the smell

Originally Posted by mcrn
wink.gif

KO2's are awesome tires!

LOL I love the smell

So true! Both the Sonata and Jeep in the garage it smells really good

Originally Posted by JLTD
Nick how do those KO2s feel on the Cherokee? I think they're C load rated, right?

They feel great. Soft ride! Can't wait to get it out in the desert

On the Sonata, are the Conti's 205-65-16?
I am entertaining this tire along with 3 others for next year's replacements on both the Altima & Civic in my sig.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
I am entertaining this tire along with 3 others for next year's replacements on both the Altima & Civic in my sig.

Also, please keep up posted on the wet weather performance during those e.g., torrential down pours if you ever come across any. I was in Phoenix some years ago when a micro burst came through and devastated The Verde Dickey Dome at ASU

Driving through torrential down pours are difficult at best and a good set of tires(and good wipers/clean windscreen) are a real plus as well.

Also, please keep up posted on the wet weather performance during those e.g., torrential down pours if you ever come across any. I was in Phoenix some years ago when a micro burst came through and devastated The Verde Dickey Dome at ASU

Driving through torrential down pours are difficult at best and a good set of tires(and good wipers/clean windscreen) are a real plus as well.

Yes that's the size. I will try to keep posted for downpours, it might even happen once this year
lol.gif

wink.gif

KO2's are awesome tires!

LOL I love the smell

Ummmm. Chemical smells. Nice.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
wink.gif

KO2's are awesome tires!

LOL I love the smell

So true! Both the Sonata and Jeep in the garage it smells really good

Originally Posted by JLTD
Nick how do those KO2s feel on the Cherokee? I think they're C load rated, right?

They feel great. Soft ride! Can't wait to get it out in the desert

Nick,

Glad to hear you're happy with these. I was mildly annoyed upon discovering these tires are not available in the size needed for my Mazda 3 (215/45-18). I've seen several other first-hand reports of satisfaction with them. With any luck, they will become available in my size when my factory Dunlop Sport 5000s wear out. Good luck with your new tires.

Ray

Originally Posted by Nick1994

Yes that's the size. I will try to keep posted for downpours, it might even happen once this year
lol.gif

I know, right?
laugh.gif

I love both the new tire smell and new car smell... I realize they arent great for you.. but I dont smoke so I can have my vice right?

I wonder through the tire section at sams club while I wait... am I the only one (Lol)

Originally Posted by Rand
I love both the new tire smell and new car smell... I realize they arent great for you.. but I dont smoke so I can have my vice right?

I wonder through the tire section at sams club while I wait... am I the only one (Lol)

grin2.gif
Me too! New car and new tire smell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back