New tires for the Trailblazer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need new tires soon for the 08 Trailblazer has 245/65/17
Would get Cooper CS4 like I have on the van but not made in that size.
Like the idea that Goodyear Assurance Tripletread are built to give a better icy road performance or is that just ad hype as they are certainly expensive (is it a case of get what you pay for) Live in ND so winter performance is important but just dont want to deal with extra set of tires and wheels and storing them. Looking for the best winter performance from a tire that can stay on year round.
Have General Grabbers that seemed to work well but less than 40k miles they are getting pretty worn looking

The GY Silent Armor do real well. They have the snowflake symbol on the sidewall. Ride and noise are minimal for an A/T tire. Cooper AT3 would also do well if you want to stay in the "Cooper" brand.

Check with TireRack.com they have ratings and reviews.
I put Grabbers on my Rainier 2 WD but have had to replace
3 of them with runout problems, it maybe the Texas heat.
Think I'll go back to the factory Michellins next time

Last edited:
you'll like the michelin ltx a/t 2. good snow performance for a mild all terrain tire. and wears great. had a set on my Jeep and loved them.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
The GY Silent Armor do real well. They have the snowflake symbol on the sidewall. Ride and noise are minimal for an A/T tire. Cooper AT3 would also do well if you want to stay in the "Cooper" brand.

I have the AT'3 on my Silverado, im very pleased with them. the feel like a touring tire on road, and have so far given decent performant off-road. They are wearing very very well, they look almost brand new and i got them last year.. so yeah, i will thumbs up the COOPER AT3'S

Originally Posted By: dgee
you'll like the michelin ltx a/t 2. good snow performance for a mild all terrain tire. and wears great. had a set on my Jeep and loved them.

+1. Them, the LTX M/S or BFG AT radials all do well in all conditions, IME. At least the BFG IS snow tire rated (caries the snowflake symbol).

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
The GY Silent Armor do real well. They have the snowflake symbol on the sidewall. Ride and noise are minimal for an A/T tire.

+1

Try the Bridgestone Tire Advisor. You put in your performance priorities and it lists the best choices. One of the best tire tools on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back