New shave brush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Originally Posted By: Andy636
Got this for Christmas and I can't wait to use it since I shave every other day
laugh.gif

A Muhle R89 with a closed comb. Got any advices for me so I won't slit my throat?
smile.gif

Yes, don't move the razor one bit sideways while you are shaving with it and be VERY careful around the base of your nose. There's a reason that this type of razor was to go-to shaving tool for so many years. It still is, obviously. It's low tech, effective, and cheap to own - after buying the razor itself.

+1

Let the razors weight do the cutting. Im fairly new as well using the DE. One thing I am trying is a hot towel on my face after I get out of the shower. Wash cloth works well for that. I hold it on my face until the cloth gets somewhat warm. Then I lather up.
Afterwards I use a cold cloth to seal up the pores.

Originally Posted By: Andy636
Got this for Christmas and I can't wait to use it since I shave every other day
laugh.gif

A Muhle R89 with a closed comb. Got any advices for me so I won't slit my throat?
smile.gif

3583wv6.jpg

358yyo8.jpg

P.S. - Pardon the mess on my desk
laugh.gif

Well...two weeks after Christmas and all I have to say is:

Where have you been all my life you lovely DE razor !!!

My love story with this type of shaving goes like this:

The first time I used it, loaded with a Merkur blade, I got a burning sensation all over my face, a couple of bleeding spots and a mediocre shave.

Being an impatient noob that knows better than others, I didn't gave my face enough time to recover and just one day after I was at it again...Disaster...I had more bloody nicks than freckles on a ginger's person face.

I waited 4 long days, switch the Merkur blade for a Feather, soaked the beard with hot water, used the Proraso and brush to obtain a rich dense lather and took a deep breath.

SUCCESS !!! Only one small cut at the neck area and a great shaving with no irritation what so ever.

After that, I returned to shaving every other day and things kept getting better and better ! I am now officially hooked on this type of shaving. No more stupidly expensive Gillette cartridges, no more ingrown hair and no more banging the razor against the sink in order to get all the beard out of it during and after shaving.

I also use the Arko soap, but I prefer not to use it with a brush.
After my shower I wet my face and wet the Arko stick then rub the soap stick directly on my face. Wet my hands and then lather up the soap by hand.

Arko has a strong odor that some people object to when you first receive it (I get it direct from Turkey via Ebay)
But that wears off after a week or so.

Great soap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back