New Photobucket update/app broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the photobucket app to upload from my android phone to photobucket account all the time.
I was prompted to update the app a few days ago. Done.

New app is worthless.

No more selecting "share" from android picture gallery to upload in directly to photobucket.
Instead you have to go through the photbucket app to search for the pictures. Oddly they gave the app permission to add and delete photos form device. Grr..
Also from app there is no longer a way to copy the "direct" link to post to Bitog.

I'm a bit bummed.

What should I use now?
Needs to work well with android and allow posting to Bitog with multiple pictures all done from phone quickly and without the use of a computer.

I use tinypic.com, which is owned by Photobucket. I've been having trouble the last couple days but refreshing a lot finally gets it through.

Photobucket has always been marginal. The website is OK, uploading is OK, but getting URLs and seeing what photos you want really doesn't work unless on a computer. The app also took away the pure code, so you have to either grab the url without anything, or copy IMG with another undesired link.

On the website you can pull a pure url flanked by [img] code. But the website redirects to an ad/clickbait page every so often which is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back