New NAPA Battery Chargers

So Napa just announced a line of smart battery chargers. Do you think they're worth getting? It seems you can get more amps for less money here than buying a NOCO charger

2S64DXm.jpg

those are charger maintainers.. but they are petty dumb models. no multistage charging etc.. from what I can see.

if you just want amps.. HF has centech 2/8/15 smartchargers for 40$ right now.

Last edited:
There are a million no name chargers flooding Amazon and EBay too... or HF. Suit yourself if it meets your needs... which they might if it’s only going to be used very seldomly to top up a car.

I’d want to know how it works and what it can and can’t do first.

The NAPA website description for the $59.99 16 amp one says:

This battery charger features a high efficiency 9 stage charging program that provides a prolonged battery life. Plus the automatic intelligent charging function helps maintain voltage.
  • Features a working temperature of -20 ℃ to 60 ℃
  • A robust aluminum housing offers better heat dissipation
  • Double voltage output suitable for most lead acid batteries

Like JH says Id need to see how it does what it claims to do and measure it to see if it does what they say before I'd trust it on my batteries.

I dont even see a real set of specs. Could be a great deal - could be destructive garbage.

People would be amazed how many chargers are pure junk. Even big name companies put out junk.

The more amps the more careful you have to be and the better the charger should be so looking at it in terms of dollars per amp has the potential to be penny wise and pound foolish.

Back