New Motorcycle White Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TucsonDon
It's like a lot of things in life: more of X doesn't necessarily mean better Y.

But people have been conditioned to believe X provides Y, so they insist on X.

Producers comply because it's easier to give the customer what they demand even when it's not really what they need.

And of course some producers help perpetuate the belief of X provides Y as a means of differentiating based on the label rather than the actual price/performance.

Thank-you Don, for those deep thoughts. :)

Last edited:
Quote:
07-13-2009
AMSOIL Motorcycle Oil White Paper Recalled
The AMSOIL Motorcycle Oil White Paper (G2156) contains an error and is temporarily suspended. All test data, charts and information are accurate; the error occurred in the Viscosity Shear Stability section of the SAE 40 Product Comparison Results chart at the end of the brochure. A corrected version will be available next week. Dealers who have ordered the inaccurate version will receive the new version free of charge. AMSOIL regrets the error.

Though I havent used Amsoil yet, Im sure its an excellent oil. But in this white paper some reputedly good MC syn oils are absent (Motorex, Agip, Elf, for ex), and others are absent in some charts, and appear in others. Otherwise Im sure the results published are not doctored, theyre real.

I work in the computer industry.

A staple of the computer industry are "standard" benchmark tests.

A common practice is to "cheat within the rules."

For example, loading a server box with massive amounts of memory, then loading the entire database into memory. Golly, the benchmark runs quickly! Of course, there's no input/output (I/O) at all.

There is no such thing as a truly fair, truly altruistic comparison test.

Everyone slants based on their degree of "moral flexibility."

I like Amsoil. Good oil.

I don't like the price or the delivery model.

I'm sure they're fine folks.

I don't believe they're above "cheating within the rules."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back