New Mobil 1 Racing 0W30 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't. Not necessary and not formulated for a modern engine. ZDP levels this high can be bad for aluminum components and emission system.

Originally Posted By: buster
I wouldn't. Not necessary and not formulated for a modern engine. ZDP levels this high can be bad for aluminum components and emission system.

I have a Race Header with no CAT so i'm not too worried about it. The aluminum engine on the other hand is a concern...

I'd run anything in the Si if it has extra anti-wear additives. Haha.

Overkill and probably mis-application for you Artem. These oils are more about enduring severe apps and protecting an engine for 'short' lived life expectancy. That's my take, anyway. How many race cars are built to last 20 years and continued to be driven with minimal HP/slight compression loss etc?

I guess you're right Jim, as much as i'd love to see all zeros on my UOA.... I'll pass on the race oil.

VOA in text format

Code:

Elements PPM

ALUMINUM 0

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 2

COPPER 0

LEAD 2

TIN 2

MOLYBDENUM 1654

NICKEL 0

MANGANESE 0

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 6

BORON 118

SILICON 14

SODIUM 8

CALCIUM 3152

MAGNESIUM 8

PHOSPHORUS 2202

ZINC 2442

BARIUM 0

cSt Viscosity @ 100°C 62.9

SUS Viscosity @ 210°F 11.03

Flashpoint in °F 415

Fuel % -

Antifreeze % -

Water % 0.0

Insolubles % 0.0

TBN 9.9

TAN

ISO Code

You could use that oil as an additive to your street oil.

One quart of that mixed with 5 quarts of regular oil would give you 276ppm moly and boost your zinc about 400ppm

Originally Posted By: Ringo
Yes. I am running 2.5 qts M1 0w30 AFE, 24 oz M1R 0w30, and 8oz Lubeguard BioTech in my Hyundai.

^I'd love to see a UOA on that.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Originally Posted By: Ringo
Yes. I am running 2.5 qts M1 0w30 AFE, 24 oz M1R 0w30, and 8oz Lubeguard BioTech in my Hyundai.

^I'd love to see a UOA on that.

Yeah, me too!

laugh.gif

Ok guys. I'll send in for a UOA.
Only have 1700mi on this fill, so
please be patient. Should be about
the first of June, or so.

Using this stuff on a street car is like you eating carb gels all day because "athletes eat them, so it must be good, right." No you'll just get fat.

It does have a decent TBN, BUT, Mobil also does state to NOT use it for street cars, due to the lack of (any??) real detergents (even if the add pack levels were OK for catcons/emissions systems).

Originally Posted By: Garak
Mobil claims 1850 ppm here. That's still too high for normal street use, but that's not the intention of this product.

Yap, 1850 Zn and 1750 P. I can believe these numbers all right.

The link is a great resource, BTW.

This part is interesting:

Quote:
0W-30
Advanced full synthetic formula
specifically designed to maximize
horsepower under race
conditions.

0W-50
Advanced full synthetic formula
specifically designed to maximize
engine protection under race
conditions.

I always believed Mo in engine oil is to decrease friction (in boundary conditions) and not to decrease wear.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
The link is a great resource, BTW.

I just wish they'd cover the conventional line for us. The HDEO line is fairly well documented already on their sheets, though.

As for friction versus wear for Mo, isn't it considered an anti-wear additive anyhow?

Originally Posted By: Jax_RX8
This oil has enough additives in it, it could be used as an additive - run M1 0W30 AFE oil change and substitute one quart of this in your oil change to pull up the Moly and ZDDP.

Exactly.... that is what I am doing... 1 qt. 0w-30 racing oil as a supplement in my 7 qt. pan. I have a 393 stroker @ 500HP and I want the xxxtra protection.

Originally Posted By: Tron1
Originally Posted By: Jax_RX8
This oil has enough additives in it, it could be used as an additive - run M1 0W30 AFE oil change and substitute one quart of this in your oil change to pull up the Moly and ZDDP.

Exactly.... that is what I am doing... 1 qt. 0w-30 racing oil as a supplement in my 7 qt. pan. I have a 393 stroker @ 500HP and I want the xxxtra protection.

You also get the benefits of the AFE's detergent pack with this mix, if it is a street car.
wink.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back