New laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's not new now, got the Lenovo C630 around mid May before our month long trip overseas. A bit pricey for Chromebook but I wanted a real processor. I finished my degree in Computer Science and with the MBA won't need any virtual machines, although Citrix works great through work and the college offered the same. Just need something to web surf and log into canvas.

Battery life is phenomenal... watching movies over the last four weeks from a micro-SD card it would last 6-8hrs. Actually the lowest I got was 60% at four hours or so. From sleep mode it's instantly on, from shutdown maybe 2-3 seconds. I've always had two monitors so got a USB-C to hdmi converter in Ubon Ratchathani fairly cheap but it would work sorta. Turns out it was the HDMI cable, just tried another and now the external monitor works without any issues. Haven't even touched it's full capabilities yet.. installed the linux executable but haven't messed with it.

We have Google fiber so we've been on the Google ecosystem for years so it fits right in. Might not work for everyone but I recommend this laptop if you need something surf.. the play store does offer some games but it's far from a gaming rig.

IMG_1628 - Edited.png

Thanks for posting. Impartial reviews of chromebooks are always welcome, IMO.

Although I have little brand loyalty, I find myself with three Lenovos: the low end Chromebook, a Thinkcentre Tiny Computer running Ubuntu Mate and a Moto E4-- a low end phone with a HUGE battery that lasts forever. All are rock solid, I hope anti-Chinese sentiment doesn't get them swept out of the country. My favorite stuff. Only non-Lenovo product is an 8 inch Samsung tablet. I much prefer Lenovo's straight forward approach to Android-- don't like that Samsung skin and the duplicate Samsung software.

Last edited:
Well done; strong choice.
I love my Chromie. Asus C302. I have hardly touched my Apple iPad.
Lenovos are workhorses; I have been programming the commercial ones for many years.
My personal programming computer is a Dell 7000.
The entire Yoga line has been stellar from day 1.

I get more use outta my Chromie... It goes everywhere with me.
I have given close to 10 chromebooks as gifts; people flat out love 'em.

So what does one of these Chromebooks cost? Never bought a lap top before.....just middle of the road DELL desk tops.

Originally Posted by 69GTX
So what does one of these Chromebooks cost? Never bought a lap top before.....just middle of the road DELL desk tops.

Best Buy has prices ranging from $130 to $1,000.

Originally Posted by Y_K
Thank you for sharing. What is the resolution for those movies please?

Most are 1080p some were 720p.

Originally Posted by csandste
Although I have little brand loyalty, I find myself with three Lenovos: the low end Chromebook, a Thinkcentre Tiny Computer running Ubuntu Mate and a Moto E4-- a low end phone with a HUGE battery that lasts forever. All are rock solid, I hope anti-Chinese sentiment doesn't get them swept out of the country. My favorite stuff. Only non-Lenovo product is an 8 inch Samsung tablet. I much prefer Lenovo's straight forward approach to Android-- don't like that Samsung skin and the duplicate Samsung software.

We use Lenovo at work. Can't say their perfect (mostly desktops) but I've always liked their laptops. Have two of those at work one with WIn 7 and the other Ubuntu.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Well done; strong choice.
I love my Chromie. Asus C302. I have hardly touched my Apple iPad.
Lenovos are workhorses; I have been programming the commercial ones for many years.
My personal programming computer is a Dell 7000.
The entire Yoga line has been stellar from day 1.

I get more use outta my Chromie... It goes everywhere with me.
I have given close to 10 chromebooks as gifts; people flat out love 'em.

I'm coming from a Mac Mini. The wife wanted the Mini for photos. Can't say I miss it. Thinking the iPhone will be switched to andriod on the next upgrade. I've had alot issues with the iPhone X.
Originally Posted by Skippy722

Originally Posted by 69GTX

Best Buy has prices ranging from $130 to $1,000.

I didn't put the price in the photo but this one was $549.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back