New Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the market for some new sports tires for my Subaru within the next 6 months and I've been scouting around. These days with over 100K on the odometer and considering my new commute is only 10 miles round trip, I am looking for some less pricey tires that are still a bit sporty. While perusing my size of 225/45R17 I came across this new tire that's really low-cost and seems like an excellent contender to keep me from buying Kumhos. I like the solid tread blocks and the deep circumferential grooves - plus with the minimal through-the-tread siping I'm hoping it's fairly quiet.

Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season (tirerack)

Goodyear Website - Eagle Sport

Since there are no reviews I just thought I'd post it for discussion before people get out there and find out it's worse than driving on tires made of toast. Anyone have any good experiences with sporty goodyears? bad experiences?

Go for it. They have a rebate upto $120 at a GY store. These are the new redesign for the Eagle GT. Better treadwear, traction and ride comfort.

I found several reviews searching Google/Bing. The tire got some good reviews as a HP vis-a-vis UHP tire...decent price...reputable manufacturer...likely wears well.

From what I read this is a slightly more comfortable tire compared to the F1 All-Season, along with longer treadwear.

I have the Eagle GTs on the Audi, and am very happy with them. Low noise levels even on newly poured, perpendicular siped concrete. Only have 6k miles on them so far and they went on Sept last year and came off around Thanksgiving for snows and I'm still running the snows down to bald for new ones this winter.

Not much in the way for balancing weights on them, either FWIW.

I ordered them from Sams with $80 off instantly and a $60 mail-in-rebate. Total out the door price $500 with $60 coming back from goodyear!

To compare, something like a Bridgestone RE970 would've run me $800 installed. I hope this is a great tire, because it's a great price. I will check back here in a while to review them.

Thanks for the positive input threeputtpar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back