New Glock, Holster, and Ammo ! ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up my Glock 23 on the 3rd. I have to say I am very happy with my choice.
s6300697.jpg

For my carry holster now, I am useing the Fobus Evolution Paddle. I may change up, but I am very happy with the fit, feel, retention, and comfort of the Fobus, so I may stick with it for a while.
s6300698.jpg

s6300699.jpg

Now for Ammo:

I am useing the new Winchester Bonded PDX1 165GR. BJHP.
This is the FBI's flavor of the month, and from what I have heard, read, and can see from looking at the bullet, it is the Ranger SXT (Black Talon) only with the jacket and lead welded together to ensure they stay in one piece. . .
s6300719.jpg

Due to the Glock 23 and this new Winchester round being standard issue in the FBI, I guess I can expect flawless performance useing the two. Ofcourse I have done my own "testing" to ensure the gun likes what it's getting fed. As soon as I can find them, I am going to use the Winchesters in 180gr.

CONGRATS!!! I have shot a lot of my friends' firearms, and I still prefer my Glock 23.

As long as the feed ramp is clean, you should not have too many feed failures. That is always my issue, whether with the stock barrel or the Dragon vented one.

Blazer Brass .40S&W FMJ is usually pretty accurate and not as dirty as some others (the cheap Russian stuff), I get it at Wal-Mart for $12.47/box while 99% of other gun shops are selling any other brand for $25+/box of 50.

(yes, that is a video camera on the front, super-awesome)--

PICT0032.jpg

Originally Posted By: Solo2driver

As long as the feed ramp is clean, you should not have too many feed failures. That is always my issue, whether with the stock barrel or the Dragon vented one.

Feed failurs???

I have shot many rounds out of many Glocks, I know many people with many GLocks, none ever having any issues.

I do not know if there is something wrong with yours, or perhaps you added to much after market stuff to it. . .

Glocks are used world wide by police, armys, ect. . . for there ability to work flawlessly every time.

I would send yours to Glock. If you have feeding issues theres something wrong. Yes a feed issue can happen due to bad ammo, but if its happening to you over and over, i'd say theres something wrong. . .

Best of luck.

No, it's the shape of the .40&W....the flat nose makes it a little bit more prone to having feed issues. When I say "keep it clean", like clean it every 500-1000rnds at least. Usually if I have a problem (only one on occasion, but I had misfeeds through probably 100rnds one range day), it was just too much filth on the feed ramp. Just FYI.

PS-- my buddy has 3000+ rnds through his Glock 9mm and prides himself in never cleaning it (he's strange)....never had a jam, misfeed, or extraction problem once.

Originally Posted By: Solo2driver
No, it's the shape of the .40&W....the flat nose makes it a little bit more prone to having feed issues. When I say "keep it clean", like clean it every 500-1000rnds at least. Usually if I have a problem (only one on occasion, but I had misfeeds through probably 100rnds one range day), it was just too much filth on the feed ramp. Just FYI.

PS-- my buddy has 3000+ rnds through his Glock 9mm and prides himself in never cleaning it (he's strange)....never had a jam, misfeed, or extraction problem once.

I had an issue with my beretta's feed ramp getting "caked" up.

My issue was I was useing to much oil. As we know, oil has a flash point. Once that temp is reached, the oil just turns into crud.

It has not happen again to the beretta. Not at all to the Glock. I clean it every time I shoot it.

You may want to try less oil. No oil on the feed ramp.

Thanks for the feed back tho!

You should clean it after every range session. It only takes 5-10 minutes to clean the crud off the feed ramp and oil it up. And the chamber and feedramp should be bone dry (no oil)!!

All of those people that said you are doing dangerous things with loaded weapons to put on a Youtube vid are correct. What you are doing is very poor form and encouraging bad gun handling.

There is NO reason for the gun to be loaded in your vids. Repeatedly loading and unloading your gun in a non-range situation is pointless. You made no attempt to point the gun in a safe direction (endangering your neighbors).

Your idea that all of your guns are loaded all the time and that they are "always dangerous" so deal with it screams mall ninja. I don't want to get personal but what you are doing is irresponsible and reflects badly on other gun owners.

Wow Tempest.

Rule #1 - All guns are always loaded.

You do need to unload the gun before servicing.

I thought the vids were informative & well done.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
All of those people that said you are doing dangerous things with loaded weapons to put on a Youtube vid are correct. What you are doing is very poor form and encouraging bad gun handling.

There is NO reason for the gun to be loaded in your vids. Repeatedly loading and unloading your gun in a non-range situation is pointless. You made no attempt to point the gun in a safe direction (endangering your neighbors).

Your idea that all of your guns are loaded all the time and that they are "always dangerous" so deal with it screams mall ninja. I don't want to get personal but what you are doing is irresponsible and reflects badly on other gun owners.

This is your opinion.
If you honestly think a unloaded gun is "safe" then you have a lot to learn about guns.

I never endangered anyones life. The gun was pointed in safe directions at all times.

Every gun is loaded.
It's not a question or a guess. I know my guns are loaded. That actually makes my gun handeling safer. EVER person, EVEN police, who has shot there gun by "accident" allways say the same thing "I thought it was unloaded".

Irresponsible????
I saw nothing irresponsible. Neither did the people who saw the vid.
If you can not handel the concept of a loaded gun, then guns are not for you.

I do not "repeatedly" load and unload my gun. I have done it 2x to do the vid. I leave my gun loaded and in the holster at all times. The only time I unload it is at the range, or when I did the vids. I only did the vids to share information. Would you rather I not unload the gun during the vids?????

No i did not think so. So I have two options. Unload before the vid. Or unload during the vid. You seem to think "if I did not see it, it did not happen"

News FLASH for you. People at times have to unload there gun. NEWS FLASH, I did it the safest way it can be done.
WHAT is your issue here?????

Unloaded guns are NOT dangerous, but should ALWAYS be treated as such. There is a difference and I never said anything to the contrary. If someone wants to leave all of their guns loaded for some reason that is their business. It seems as a bad practice for safety as there is no way you are going to shoot 6 guns in a defensive situation.

You are making a self ingratiating video and are promoting the unnecessary handling of loaded firearms. You are setting a BAD EXAMPLE. The loading and unloading of firearms is one of the most dangerous activities when it comes to guns. Even many police agencies use loading barrels/traps due to this.

Again, there is NO reason for the gun to be loaded. You should make the video as though the person is in the room (again to set a proper example). If you were handling that weapon the way you were while I was in the room I would leave.

The weapon should be open or cleared (with snap caps) at the start of the video to show proper gun handling. Waving a loaded gun around just to make a video reminds me of this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_91jcFTbLE8
If you are truly trying to make informational vids that set an example to new shooters rather than stroking your ego you should understand this.

Ejecting the chambered round with your hand over the ejection port is a big no-no. Several people have had the round explode under their hand when the primer hit the ejector or another sharp point inside of the gun. The result usually isn't pretty.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Unloaded guns are NOT dangerous, but should ALWAYS be treated as such. There is a difference and I never said anything to the contrary. If someone wants to leave all of their guns loaded for some reason that is their business. It seems as a bad practice for safety as there is no way you are going to shoot 6 guns in a defensive situation.

You are making a self ingratiating video and are promoting the unnecessary handling of loaded firearms. You are setting a BAD EXAMPLE. The loading and unloading of firearms is one of the most dangerous activities when it comes to guns. Even many police agencies use loading barrels/traps due to this.

Again, there is NO reason for the gun to be loaded. You should make the video as though the person is in the room (again to set a proper example). If you were handling that weapon the way you were while I was in the room I would leave.

The weapon should be open or cleared (with snap caps) at the start of the video to show proper gun handling. Waving a loaded gun around just to make a video reminds me of this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_91jcFTbLE8
If you are truly trying to make informational vids that set an example to new shooters rather than stroking your ego you should understand this.

"Again, there is NO reason for the gun to be loaded"
This is my carry gun. No need for it to be loaded?????
You make NO sense whatsoever.

I either unload it on cam or off. You seem to think if you do not see it, it's better. You logic has zero merit.

Im done with this going back and forth.
* O, and that DEA youtube vid is me exactly!!!
I was waving my gun all over the place. Not only that, I was doing it infront of kids!

Way to go to post a USELESS video that has NOTHING to do with this. That guy thought the gun was unloaded!!!

I KNOW FOR A FACT, MY GUN IS LOADED.
Once you think a gun is unloaded and/or safe, that happens. So you make a video of safe guns. It should be about ZERO seconds long.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back