New eyeglass lens for old pair of frames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Costco prescription lenses upgraded to new prescription on same frames. Took about 5 days turnaround and saved almost $150. Canadian.

Originally Posted by ecotourist
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
And I always donate my old pair to the local Lion's Club. They refurbish and distribute them to local orgs for the needy.

That's a nice idea but I'd suggest you keep your most recent pair for emergencies and project work. I've sometimes had a pair of frames break and it takes a few days to get new ones. And when I do carpentry and auto maintenance my lenses are at risk of scratches. Better to scratch an old pair.

I actually have an old pair for that. I usually opt for the "insurance" on the frame/lenses (it's like $10 at the place I go to). It has come in handy on more than one occasion because I'm a klutz with my glasses. This is how I ended up with multiple backups..I just keep the most recent Rx and donate the oldest. Sort of a first in, first out approach.

Originally Posted by cjcride
Got my Costco prescription lenses upgraded to new prescription on same frames. Took about 5 days turnaround and saved almost $150. Canadian.

That was one of the places I was thinking would do it. Also, I once took in my glasses to Binyons (I just happened to be driving by) for tighten up and adjustment...they did it for free. Pretty cool of them I thought..my guess is if the replacement lenses fit the frame and you purchased the lenses from them, they'd have no issue doing it... just a guess though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back