New Egg Antivirus deals, 72 hours only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got these in my email today:

Norton 360 2014 $24.99 for 3 PC's with promo code EMCPHHP222

AVG Internet Security $40.00, free after $40.00 MIR with promo code EMCPHHP83

ESET NOD 32 Antivirus, Version 6 with free upgrade to Version 7, $17.99 for 3 PC's with promo code EMCPHHP85

Panda Global Protection 2014 $19.99 for 3 devices, no promo code needed

ESET, AVG and Norton all have free shipping. The Panda deal is a download key. These deals are only good for the next 72 hours. Here is a link to the whole ad, scroll to the bottom and the AV deals are in the "Under $50.00" section:

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Feb...8850697#under50

I just saw there is a counter ticking at the top of the page, it's at 64 hours and 55 minutes left now. They have some other great deals on other stuff too. 32Gb flash drive for $11.89, 100 blank CD-R's for $12.99 both with free shipping..

Thanks. I'm going to buy the ESET one.

So what's the deal with the "free upgrade to version 7"? Version 7 is already out right? Do you just download version 6 and as soon as it's installed, it alerts you that a new version is available for download at no charge?

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Thanks. I'm going to buy the ESET one.

So what's the deal with the "free upgrade to version 7"? Version 7 is already out right? Do you just download version 6 and as soon as it's installed, it alerts you that a new version is available for download at no charge?

When you install the program with the disc it will install Version 6 but when it starts the program it automatically checks for upgrades, on mine I started out with a free trial of version 6, ran the free trial while I waited for my disc to arrive. All I had to do was activate the free trial program with the version 6 license key from the ESET disc, I did not even have to run the disc in my CD Rom drive. Then I just clicked on upgrade and it changed to version 7, no extra charges or fees. At $17.99 the ESET deal is an absolute no-brainer.

You don't even need to use the disc. Just go straight to ESET's website, download the version 7 installer, and punch in your serial number during the install.

Thanks. One final question...it's not clear to me from the website. Is this a 1-year serial number that would need to be re-purchased again in the future to keep the product activated, or is ESET a once-activated-always-activated product?

No, it is a one year license. At the end of your year you will need to buy it again if you want to keep using the current ESET version. Also even though you may only install the ESET program on just one PC to start with, the clock starts ticking on all 3 licenses at the same time as soon as you put it on the first computer.

I just bought it, but there is no code available, as it's a boxed software that'll be sent in the mail. I guess I could install the trial version of the ESET software, and then activate it with the code on the box once I get it in the mail.

Viper had a $19.99 for 10 PC special at Newegg recently. The Internet Security suite version offers auto-patching of most common non-Microsoft software. Very cool feature.

It even patched SeaMonkey web browser.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I just bought it, but there is no code available, as it's a boxed software that'll be sent in the mail. I guess I could install the trial version of the ESET software, and then activate it with the code on the box once I get it in the mail.

That is exactly what I did, only I waited about 3 weeks after I received the disc before I used the key code to activate my free trial version. I got a few extra weeks' worth of free use of the program that way because the one year subscription does not start until you activate the first license/pc.

If you have Xfinity/Comcast as internet provider Norton is free to download. I'll never buy virus software.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
McAfee has been free to me thru AT-T. But it slows computers and hogs resources. I would rather pay $10 for ESET Nod 32 and have a fast computer.

+1 My ISP offers McAfee Antivirus for free but I much prefer ESET.

What bugged me the most about McAfee and Webroot was the occasional drifting, when changing from one website to another.

It even did it after I disabled Automatic Updates, thinking that was the problem while it worked to upload my new update. But that wasn't it. What really surprised me was Webroot, which is run in a Cloud program. I figured it would be faster and it was for about two weeks..... but that was the extent of being fast.

After too many of those episodes, I just gave up and uninstalled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back