New Detailing Favorite - Blazin' Banana Spray Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: john_pifer
15 bucks a bottle?! Wow, they're proud of that stuff.

Just got a 1/2 gallon for $23...the only way to get stuff these days...cost-effective.

I still find Turtle Wax ICE Spray Wax to be a best value akin to Frank's Hot Sauce : "I put that s___ on everything" ! ... I use it at least once per month with very good results plus I can pick it up for under $10 a bottle all day long at any WM - what's not to like ?

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
I still find Turtle Wax ICE Spray Wax to be a best value akin to Frank's Hot Sauce : "I put that s___ on everything" ! ... I use it at least once per month with very good results plus I can pick it up for under $10 a bottle all day long at any WM - what's not to like ?

Neat...not sure about "best" label...but a number of folks have indeed labeled that product as very good as well. "Best" is always subjective.

That said...16 oz bottle pricing is often higher for many products, but at any larger size container...the cost difference actually favors Blazin' Banana.

The regular online price on a 1/2 gallon container of Blazin' Banana Spray Wax at $29.99...$0.47 per ounce --- which is is actually cheaper than the $0.62 per ounce price of the TW ICE stuff mentioned for a 16 oz. bottle at "$10 all day long".

Since I got their holiday sale price of $23.59 for the 64 oz. container...it's even a better deal at $0.37/oz.

What I do know is that this product works as described, is easy to apply, has a pleasant aroma, gets terrific results, and costs about $1 per full-vehicle application (including all the glass surfaces, of which I have a ton including the panoramic roof).

Based on the product's results...I could easily use the "Hot Sauce" claim as well.

In fact...another coat is going on today.

Can you spray that Blazin Banana over decals? On the rubber and plastic trim? Headlights? Does it leave a residue? I'll stick with Ice. The paint on my 08 Jeep has had nothing but TW Ice, and it looks brand new.

I agree, though. I wouldn't call it the best. I wouldn't begin to know how to determine that. It works well for me on dark or light colors. For those saying it leaves a haze, just rinse it once or use a damp microfiber to wipe it down. That takes the haze right off. I usually let the first rain after waxing do it for me. You can also use microfiber and a BUNCH of elbow grease, but water is easier.

Originally Posted By: IndyFan
Can you spray that Blazin Banana over decals? On the rubber and plastic trim? Headlights? Does it leave a residue? I'll stick with Ice. The paint on my 08 Jeep has had nothing but TW Ice, and it looks brand new.

I agree, though. I wouldn't call it the best. I wouldn't begin to know how to determine that.

It works safely on any exterior surface - decals included (they promote it as an exterior car care product - I use something else on my interior). It leaves no residue - wipes on and off with a clean microfiber towel...no buffing required. You also don't have to wait but 20-30 seconds between application and wipe-off.

I've used it repeatedly on every exterior surface, including headlights, chrome, plastic trim, wheel rims, paint, glass. I don't believe it's intended for tires. It's the easiest to apply detailing spray I've ever used...and I've tried about a dozen or so. Other than not having the scientific equipment to prove the UV protection claim...I can attest the rest of the list below that it does what it says. The shine kicks butt on the pearl white and charcoal silver vehicles here...can only image what it would do on red or black. As expected...the water beading is fantastic.

Here's their online claims list:

- Provides wet, deep finish to any color paintwork
- Developed for paintwork, glass, and clear plastics to provide shine and protection
- Protects against harmful UV rays, pollution, contamination, and water spots
- Perfect for paintwork, glass, clear plastic lenses, metal, wheels, and more!
- Easy spray on, wipe off formula
- Formulated with refined carnauba for the ultimate shine
- Rapid curing sprayable formula

How To Use:
Shake product well.
Mist a thin coat working one panel or area at a time.
Wipe and Buff off residue with premium microfiber towel.
Use after washes to maintain sealant and wax coat.

Here's their page on the 64 oz container (this weekend on sale)...including all the product information details:

Blazin' Banana 64 oz

I get nothing to share the information...nothing. Just sharing that it is a great product and works as described. I learned about it from a Ferrari owner at a local car show.

One quick note...Walmart does sell it too at local stores...but only in the 16 oz. size..which costs a bit more per ounce ($14.96/bottle). It might be worth trying the small bottle to see if you agree on its results/like it...and then order a larger quantity online at a better price if you enjoy the results. I did that myself.

Originally Posted By: IndyFan
Well, I may give it a try. If it smells like bananas, then that might be the tipping point!

It does have a moderate banana smell and the color is banana yellow...it's a pleasant aroma for sure.

The name "Blazin' Banana" comes mostly from the results of a "slick" finish feel and shine appearance.

Two of my work associates in South Bend, IN already have tried it and love it...so there's already an "Indiana connection"...
grin.gif

Just washed both the Honda Accord & Hyundai SUV...then did the complete exterior (glass and all) on both with Blazin' Banana.

Fast & easy...shiny shiny shiny....smooth smooth smooth.

Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001
Just washed both the Honda Accord & Hyundai SUV...then did the complete exterior (glass and all) on both with Blazin' Banana.

Fast & easy...shiny shiny shiny....smooth smooth smooth.

I swear you gotta be some car detailing OCD freak.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
I swear you gotta be some car detailing OCD freak.

Thanks...I'll take that as a compliment.

My last ride last 18 years before moving to a new one...and it looked well enough from its care that I got more than retail for it based on its mechanical and exterior condition.

If it's not worth doing well and doing right...it's not worth doing.

A waterless wash will work nicely if you're cleaning the cars every few days. Spray and wipe with a plush MF towel. Enjoyable to do. Did you get that Ultima concentrate yet?

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
A waterless wash will work nicely if you're cleaning the cars every few days. Spray and wipe with a plush MF towel. Enjoyable to do. Did you get that Ultima concentrate yet?

I'm actually fortunate to have a great hand carwash very near our home, so a waterless wash isn't really a critical need nor my first choice. I average washing weekly. That also allows me to use Blazin' Banana Spray Wax regularly (about every other wash). Other people at the hand carwash actually ask me how I keep my cars in "car show condition". Even the owner has been using Blazin' Banana Spray Wax for about a month.

Sometimes I wash it myself at home, sometimes I let them do it...mostly based on available time and general plans for the day.

When I do it...I use Meguiar’s Gold Class Car Wash (G7101FFP).

Blazin' Banana Spray Wax - shiny & slick.

This was today's application - 20 minutes from top to bottom.

Here's a couple quick iPhone pix of the treated glass surfaces to show the reflectiveness (doesn't do it justice, but you can get the idea).

DiK01SwVAAAgUq1.jpg

DiK0x3RUEAA7wxa.jpg

DiK02w4UEAAEwkm.jpg

DiK0vS7U0AAwdxI.jpg

Originally Posted By: PimTac
This thread has become a CG infomercial.

Try the cream sickle detailer. Same stuff.

LOL...guess paying forward information on a good product is now called an infomercial.

WOW - quite the honor.
banana2.gif
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001

LOL...guess paying forward information on a good product is now called an infomercial.

WOW - quite the honor.
banana2.gif
cheers3.gif

Good luck.

Yeah...When he's not doing infomercials he's at Grampi's house smoke'n banana peels and playing solitaire.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Yeah...When he's not doing infomercials he's at Grampi's house smoke'n banana peels and playing solitaire.

Good luck.

Yeah...I see what you mean. The orange bottle fanboys don't like to hear about anything other than their liquid mud.

That's OK. No worries. Some of us just get to enjoy our clean & shiny rides.
thumbsup2.gif

Not much to add at this point...wrap-up time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back