new car purchase, 05 honds s2k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most dealers bulk oil is really cheap. I would not go past 3-4 months on the dealer free oil changes! Then when you exhuast them go to synthetic!

quote:

Originally posted by Ankur:
haha jtantare. That mobil site is wrong tho, they increased the size of the engine in 04 to 2.2 from 2.0, trust me the engine needed the additional torque badly!

Anyways, I will post on the s2k forums to see what they think the break in period.

We all agree that the first oil change will have metal shavings from the break in, correct? So keeping that in the engine for a prolonged time, regardless if it has special break in oil is bad right?

I feel 1k miles for a break in oil is long enough, and will get the engine, tranny and diff drained and refilled.

Thanks for the help guys!

Haha, the site is correct! They only increased the engine to 2.2 for the US market. The rest of the world still gets the 2.0 engine.

Well guys, if we all did what the manuel suggests, we wouldt be here in the first place!!

The manuel actually says to change the oil at 7500 miles, and says nothing about the OEM fillup to contain anything different. Also, it doesnt say anything about syn vs dino arguments, so I will take all your suggestions into thought.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back