New Armor All Wheel Protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting new product from Armor All to repell road grime , brake dust , etc. from Mags and Alloy rims ...any users yet with a review ? ...The video from the web site looks like it does the job .

From what I've heard from people on the interweb, that don't work for Armor All, it is a pretty good product and actually works! I might buy this for my patrol car. After one shift the front wheels look like dirt.

The only current hitch I see in using the product is that it stated: "best applied at 65 degrees or higher " ...that might be a problem as we move into winter . I'm willing to take a chance though versus hand waxing my alloy rims to keep brake dust from gaining a foot hold .

I used to always used "No Touch". It does a fine job of cleaning and leaves more of a satin look rather than a wet shiny look. Don't know about repel effectiveness after application, as I used it for a easy general cleaning on tires only.

I use it and like it. Once wheels are cleaned and after applying product it is much easier to clean off any subsequent brake dust/dirt. I apply it once a week. Even use it on other parts of vehicle to good effect.

Challenger71 - Where did you buy it ? ...Having trouble finding it in stores in my area .

You spray
Originally Posted By: Errtt
I used to always used "No Touch". It does a fine job of cleaning and leaves more of a satin look rather than a wet shiny look. Don't know about repel effectiveness after application, as I used it for a easy general cleaning on tires only.

What does that have to do with wheels?

It's probably just wax. I just wash and wax my 02 Accord wheels with the Meguires car wash then wax 'em with Meguires wax.

I did find the new Armor All wheel protectant at Target for $6.99 . The bottle sure is small ! ...On the can it clearly states best applied above 65 degrees . I think I'll wait to try this product in the spreing . In the mean time I'll use a good cleaner /wax on the rims once a month and call it a day .

I'm willing to try it now (once it warms up a little) ...I find waxing my rims is a real time consuming pain !

I use Meguires pro Sealant for automotive wheels, when I detail cars, and from what I understand resistes chemicals, and has better heat tolerance thsn wax. Napa carries it, and it's different as it comes in a tan or cream color bottle, vs the maroon bottles.

Sorry Chris, I completely missed following up on this thread. Yes Target as you've found out as well as Autozone, Walmart and Advance are the typical places I find them. Walmart is approx one dollar cheaper than the others. I actually use it on my headlights/tailights so they do not get dirty as much.

Eagle 1 has just come out with a new wheel protectant as well ... A little larger spray container for a similar price as Armor All Wheel Protectant . When the weather is more condusive I plan on giving both a try .

I have this product and I will say it works OK. I find that it does help repel large amounts of brake dust from accumulating. I bought it from Wal-Mart and the last time I looked they still had it. I have used it twice so far (8 wheels) and should be able to apply it one more time to all four wheels. I apply pretty generously too. However,I probably will not buy it again.

The new Eagle 1 wheel protectant was just so - so ...Once it drys you have to buff the wheels as you would with wax , so no real advantage here plus it was moderately difficult to take off . My impression to date is unless the protection lasts a while I will not be buying it again . I'll try the Armor All next time I'm at Target for a comparison .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back