New 2024 F350

Lifelong best friend just bought this new Platinum F350 with the standard output 475 hp/1050 tq 6.7 Powerstroke. Those of you with the HO 500/1250 6.7 how do you like it? Despite this being a “fancy” Platinum, it will be regularly hooked up to a gooseneck towing his tractor, skidsteer, and various other heavy items. He wont baby it for sure. It wont be deleted unless it gives him issues, like he did with his 2019 Dodge 6.7, oil will be Delo or Rotella 15W40 and Napa filters.

View attachment 223498

Great looking truck! Very happy with my 24' HO F450 so far. Most I have pulled is 21k up the Ike several times so far.

Some here just sound jealous.

And attempting to shame people for buying things at what you perceive to be inflated prices doesn't help bring prices down.

Do your thing, stay in your lane and if the market is truly too high, it will self-correct. Yelling at a guy for buying a new truck does not slow or speed a self-correction, assuming such a correction is needed.

Lifelong best friend just bought this new Platinum F350 with the standard output 475 hp/1050 tq 6.7 Powerstroke. Those of you with the HO 500/1250 6.7 how do you like it? Despite this being a “fancy” Platinum, it will be regularly hooked up to a gooseneck towing his tractor, skidsteer, and various other heavy items. He wont baby it for sure. It wont be deleted unless it gives him issues, like he did with his 2019 Dodge 6.7, oil will be Delo or Rotella 15W40 and Napa filters.

View attachment 223498
Does your buddy live in Iowa? I saw this exact truck yesterday with an enclosed trailer behind it and an IMCA modified inside. This truck pulls work equipment Monday through Friday and a race car Friday through Sunday.

Just my $0.02

based on the comments, I can tell few have shopped for a used truck in the last decade, much less the last few years. Trucks hold their value better than any vehicle. most depreciation websites assume msrp as the purchase price when most truck are purchased well below msrp.

based on the comments, I can tell few have shopped for a used truck in the last decade, much less the last few years. Trucks hold their value better than any vehicle. most depreciation websites assume msrp as the purchase price when most truck are purchased well below msrp.
It’s true. Depreciation is not nearly what it used to be. More like 10-5% drop running off the lot. 1-2 year old cars selling within an arms reach of new msrp prices.

View attachment 223498
I wish they made these things manual transmission. The power trip from driving a monster like this with massive throws and heavy clunky shifts would cause my chest hair to double in density.

I wish they made these things manual transmission. The power trip from driving a monster like this with massive throws and heavy clunky shifts would cause my chest hair to double in density.

The last 3 models of manual transmission in the RAM trucks NV4500, NV5600, G56, all shifted smoothly. If you want to learn the skill of driving a manual Heavy Duty transmission, get in a Class 8 truck with an 18 speed Roadranger.

It’s true. Depreciation is not nearly what it used to be. More like 10-5% drop running off the lot. 1-2 year old cars selling within an arms reach of new msrp prices.
I paid 40k for my truck, it currently sells for a little more than half that at 85k miles and six years old. so its been roughly a linear depreciation to 200k miles. when I started looking in 2016 that was my basic understanding, from looking at used prices. I quickly figured out a clean crew cab 4 x4 was going to bring good money on the used market so I bought new.