New 2024 F350

Lifelong best friend just bought this new Platinum F350 with the standard output 475 hp/1050 tq 6.7 Powerstroke. Those of you with the HO 500/1250 6.7 how do you like it? Despite this being a “fancy” Platinum, it will be regularly hooked up to a gooseneck towing his tractor, skidsteer, and various other heavy items. He wont baby it for sure. It wont be deleted unless it gives him issues, like he did with his 2019 Dodge 6.7, oil will be Delo or Rotella 15W40 and Napa filters.

IMG_1677.jpeg

I wonder what the mechanical differences between the versions or does the HO have more aggressive tuning and they’re exchanging some extra money up front for the hope that it makes it through the warranty lol.

Anyway, nice truck! I like the color choice. Of course, the important question, how much did it cost?

I wonder what the mechanical differences between the versions or does the HO have more aggressive tuning and they’re exchanging some extra money up front for the hope that it makes it through the warranty lol.

Anyway, nice truck! I like the color choice. Of course, the important question, how much did it cost?
A new Plat 350 dually? $100k+

To be able to just drop $105k on a new truck, weh, your buddy must do alright.
I still can’t wrap my head around $100k+ for a truck…and considering it looses, what, 30% the second he drives it off the lot?
He lost the value of a new entry-level car just by driving it!

Write offs are good but basically it means no tax is paid on the money used to make the truck payments. The US Federal corporate tax rate is 21%. You still have to cough up 79% of the money.
Yes. His business would be the ones paying it. It most likely wouldn’t be personal. And he can probably use it as a business vehicle.

To be able to just drop $105k on a new truck, weh, your buddy must do alright.
I still can’t wrap my head around $100k+ for a truck…and considering it looses, what, 30% the second he drives it off the lot?
He lost the value of a new entry-level car just by driving it!
Except with Covid and truck prices especially diesel, he’d lost maybe $5-10k on it.

Lifelong best friend just bought this new Platinum F350 with the standard output 475 hp/1050 tq 6.7 Powerstroke. Those of you with the HO 500/1250 6.7 how do you like it? Despite this being a “fancy” Platinum, it will be regularly hooked up to a gooseneck towing his tractor, skidsteer, and various other heavy items. He wont baby it for sure. It wont be deleted unless it gives him issues, like he did with his 2019 Dodge 6.7, oil will be Delo or Rotella 15W40 and Napa filters.

View attachment 223498
Nice truck, but I hope the primer gray fad goes away soon.

Reactions: D60