Never Leak 14-18 Jeep Dodge Chrysler Oil Filter Housing Adapter Assembly

Finally, we replaced the OE plastic oil filter assembly with a upgraded aluminum housing filter assembly with everything we need in picture attached. that is a very good solution.
5184294AE Creative Aluminum Engine Oil Cooler and Oil Filter Housing Adapter Assembly with Sensor Compatible with 2011 2012 2013 3.6L V6 Chrysler 200 300, Dodge Journey, Avenger 926-876
eBay item number:165184920640
or Amazon, B09K3WQLWJ (item number)

Hope it is helpful for you

Attachments

• AOFH-2.jpg
    AOFH-2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 137
  • AOFH-3.jpg
    AOFH-3.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 120
  • AOFH-4.jpg
    AOFH-4.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 139
  • AOFH-6.jpg
    AOFH-6.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 139
I will admit I'm not a Jeep man, well, except for a couple that are from the late '90s....
I'm somewhat aware of the factory problems, but who makes this and what assurances, other than a "lifetime warranty", that is will improve your situation?

I will admit I'm not a Jeep man, well, except for a couple that are from the late '90s....
I'm somewhat aware of the factory problems, but who makes this and what assurances, other than a "lifetime warranty", that is will improve your situation?
The factory one breaks.. its thought from people overtightening the filter cap.. but there has been breakages from people who did it correctly too.
I had a slightly different one on my jeep 3.2L and it was so tight from the factory i had to use a 18" breaker bar on it.

Then the free oil change at the dealer turned it 1" past my fully tight mark and tried to blame me for it at the 3rd oil change when it was super overtight..
Sorry buddy you guys did the last oil change and overtightened it.. Do you see the White marker lines on the housing? I put those on. (he shutup fast)

That was the second to last time someone else changed my oil.. free syn oil changes or not.

Oh and they wanted to rotate my tires which is included in Jeep Wave for free.. and charge me for it. I just told them pass as I didnt want to deal with them hammering on the lug bolts with an impact.

Dorman makes an aluminum replacement also. Haven’t had a chance to see one in person yet, though.

That is joy to the earlier 3.6l owners.
I'd like a side-by-side with the newer housing to see the differences.
the Aluminum Housing, there is no big differences. all of the components like sensor, screw, oil filter with same Part no. are same type of OE one. you can install it in this Housing.

That's fine but why were the "original" aluminum replacements said only to go back to 2014?
They HAD to have changed the part after the 2013 JK, as the part number for the 2013 oil filter housing is different than the part number for the 2014 and newer. A friend of mine changed his 2014 housing twice in 90K miles. We are still running the original housing on our 2013 at 100K miles with no leaks. You know what they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

"You know what they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.", yeah, unless it's an engine.
Then you develop and improve it over 20-25 years.....then discontinue it!

There were 2 different styles of these & even with that there were some changes made to the latest ones; the one on our ‘17 Wrangler leaked at 60,000 miles even though the cap was never over tightened. The spec is 25 nm or 18 ft lbs. Sometimes the seals between the housing and the block fail sometimes the plastic casting plugs fail. I am not a fan of these plastic housings at all, the old school can oil filters were never a problem & with this “improvement” they created a periodic headache for their owners.

Probably not a bad idea if you have it serviced. For DIYers like myself, there is no need. If you screw in the oil filter cap until it touches the housing and then stop, there should not be any issues.

It’s people that insist on torqueing these caps or every service center out there, even Chrysler dealerships, that will eventually experience problems.

Chrysler messed this one up for sure.

Have had my ‘14 Grand Cherokee since 102k, 141k now. Unsure if original but it doesn’t leak, yet.

Anyone know how difficult it is to replace if it does leak?

On a GC not terrible. But no one but you knows your mechanical abilities. There is one of the upper plenum bolts that’s a bit tricky to get to but nothing awful

We do these daily at our dealer on all the lines. Never seen one cracked from over tightening fwiw and been working on them since launch. They leak other places

Back