Never cut another oil filter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who just have to see the media after an oci.

Six hex head bolts and out comes the media.
Flows 12 GPM of hot engine oil
No problem ever with the bypass valve, it doesn't have one
smile.gif

CM 2-1/4" tall synthetic fiber filter element
Replace the 8 micron filter element or get a 40 micron SS reusable filter.

https://www.cantonracingproducts.co...spin-on-3-4-inch-16-thread-2-5-8-o-ring/

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oversize / blue color also available!

*4.25" tall billet spin-on filter has 3/4"-16 threads and a standard size o-ring
*2-5/8" tall synthetic fiber filter element flows 15 GPM of engine oil with no loss of pressure

[Linked Image]

Even bigger filter-
*6.25" tall billet spin-on filter has 3/4-16 threads and a standard size O-ring
*4-5/8" tall synthetic fiber filter element flows 45 GPM of engine oil with no loss of pressure

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Pretty...PRICEY! I'll stick with my XG8As and M1-310s, and cut them open. $180 will buy a lot of cutting wheels, along with $16.80 per element. Last time I bought a 6 pack they were under $23 for 6 XG8As!

I guess it was inevitable, a spin-on cartridge conversion.

I'd think about one if it used a common, standard cartridge filter. The price is pretty steep, too.

Originally Posted by MrMoody
I'd think about one if it used a common, standard cartridge filter. The price is pretty steep, too.
The consumables are the profit center on that product.

Six socket head cap screws is an incredibly poor design for what could be accomplished with one or two at the most...

Plus the bonus of a scandalously high price makes this an easy hard pass.

I get it that it's targeted at the racing community but sheesh, this is ridiculous.

Heh heh an elegant solution to a first world non- problem.
grin2.gif

In the Roman Empire, seers would tell your future with chicken guts, Thats what you filter dissectors remind me of .
Then the seer would collect the cleaned chicken for dinner. Can't do that with a oil filter.
grin2.gif

I have a couple of these CM spin-on filters. I'll give to someone if they want to pay shipping. PM me

K & N has one too ... for $ 240.00 US ... gulp !

[Linked Image]

K&N Washable / Reusable Billet Oil Filters

Our Best and Highest Flowing Oil Filters
K&N is proud to release a new reusable oil filter that will last the lifetime of your vehicle under normal vehicle operating conditions. The filter housing, bypass valve and call plate are CNC machined from Billet 6061 T6 Aluminum. The filter cartridge uses stainless steel micro-screen and end caps bonded into a single piece for extra durability. The mechanical filtration is accomplished with dual woven T 304 stainless steel micro-screen that provides excellent engine protection while providing substantial increase in oil flow when compared to standard disposable oil filters. The filter cartridge contains two Neodymium magnets located in the filter screens for additional capacity and debris removal. All of the seals are dependable long lasting mil-spec Viton for a dependable seal. The billet by-pass valve is removable for cleaning and uses a stainless steel sealing ball with a stainless steel spring for increased service life. Each oil filter is manufactured from high quality material and components, designed for very high flow rates at low restriction, provides excellent engine protection and is easy to clean and maintain. A K&N Reusable Billet Oil Filter by Pure Power is truly the last oil filter you will ever need to buy.
Billet Aluminum Housing
Stainless Steel Micro-Screen Filtration
Embedded Neodymium Magnets
Mil-spec Viton Seals
Stainless Steel By-Pass Sealing Ball & Spring
U.S. Pat. No. 7,413,089 and U.S. Pat. Pending

Last edited:
Originally Posted by shanneba

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=1283
They come in many different thread sizes.

Pegasus sells-
13/16x16
18mm x 1.5
1"x12
20mm x 1.5
22mm x 1.5
3/4x16

They have the elements for $11.99, $10.58 if you buy 24
smile.gif

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=195

I wonder what made them choose a 2.62'' gasket diameter; and they don't tell you whether that's an inside or outside diameter.

My gasket outside diameter measures 2.75'' for the WIX 51040XP according to O'Reilly auto parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back