Need some welding advice... small 80 amp inverter stick welder

my little welder i just bought is an 80 amp inverter arc. Im planning on building a small trailer to pull behind my ATV to haul some wood,materials for deer blinds, fertilizer etc... I have my materials, got a great deal on 1.5 angle iron 1/8 thick.
Which electrodes recommended for the angle iron? I'm thinking 6011 or 6013?

Now the 2 other questions...

I have a length of 3/4" cold rolled bar im using as an axle to put the wheels on (wheelbarrow wheels). My plan is to lay the bar in the V of a strip of angle iron and weld it in place... I know these welders aren't much for above 1/4" steel, but I also know it well somewhat weld it... whats the best route for electrode and amperage to weld that bar to angle iron? I dont have to pull a truck out with it, its just gotta hold up to the trailer riding through a little bit bumpy path with a few hundred pounds or so max at slower speed. I know I won't have the best welds in advance. I do have a buddy with a larger welder but he's out of town so I'd like to get by if possible on my own.

Last thing is questionable... I have a standard 2" hitch/ball mount on my ATV. Id like to weld a chunk of 1/4 or 3/16 plate under it with a hole so I can pull my swisher mower, seed spreader etc.. with the ATV without taking the ball off, think like the hole on the back of a riding mower for the hitch pin attachment. Now the steel on those is around 1/2" or so thick, maybe 5/8. What would I need to weld a 1/4 ish plate to that? Again just needs to be strong enough to pull my swisher (about 250lbs) through the trail and mow my plot. Again which electrodes and method?

Thanks in advance.. I know not all of this is necessarily easy but I think it can be done if I weld a couple passes. I have a little welding experience from college but by no means a pro. I can run a decent bead but still not smart on the subject. And please remember, this is a utility trailer for my hunting property.. im all for over building but in this case its just gotta be good enough to work lol

Reactions: JC1
6011 would work, but I would use 3/32'nd 7018 with new material. It will be easier to work with.
I believe 6011 would have better penetration for thicker material, but you're using an 80amp welder. I think 7018 would still be fine to glue it together.

My last trip to Moab, UT with my Jeep club, I used batteries to repair vehicles. 7018 worked well for me.

Reactions: JC1
I agree with Zaedock, clean it real well and you can preheat the thicker material with a propane torch to help with penetration before blowing out the thinner stuff and lean toward the thick material rather than down the center. As far as the hitch, rather than welding you could drill a hole in the plate to run the ball shank through. Then you could rotate the plate out of the way when using the ball.

Back