Need some Help > 2011 Ford Getrag Mt 82 Trans oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
As there has been much talk about what type fluid our trans have in them , I guess it depends on when they came down the assembly line . I changed the fluid in mine a few weeks ago,to Amsoil 75w-90 in it now and can report that the trans shifts better, and a lot less noisy ! Is it perfect , no, but then I have found few trans that are perfect all the time. Can I live with it and enjoy the car , yes.But when I changed it out , the first thing I noticed was the smell , and it took me a few days to figure out what it was that it reminded me of,the yellow 3 M adhesive ! Now what is in both the oil and the adhesive ??? Not sure , it will take someone smarter than me to figure that out lol. But I also sent a sample off to have it checked to see what it looked like and I am glad I did !
I know that some of you think that the best thing to do is just run the oil that Ford shipped it with and it will all be good , but if you look close at the results of this and some other samples you may want that [censored] out of the trans .
img007.jpg

I switched my Mazdaspeed 3 over to Motorcraft XT-M5-QS and it had a model airplane glue smell to it. Made in Germany and it fit my Mazda's trannie to a T.
Perhaps that's what your trans had as FF. I paid $19 a quart for it.

Top shelf product IMHO.

It might have been a smell kinda like that too. In my trans. though it is VERY noisy ! And the color was already black,not brown, or dark red, but black as motor oil from a diesel engine.

I am a huge fan of Amsoil GL-4 transmission products. They have done a great job in all applications that spec'd ATF from the factory.
19.gif

Last edited:
Im curious how Blackstone gets their Universal Averages for a transmission/vehicle that has only been around for a year...do they really have that many people to do oil analysis on their cars? Granted, I'm a "noob" to most of the UOA terminology, I can understand "insolubles" = bad....hehehe And the fact that the oil is equivalent to a 30 weight, that's obviously not good. But curious where they get the Universal Averages from...

Originally Posted By: ahoier
Im curious how Blackstone gets their Universal Averages for a transmission/vehicle that has only been around for a year...do they really have that many people to do oil analysis on their cars? Granted, I'm a "noob" to most of the UOA terminology, I can understand "insolubles" = bad....hehehe And the fact that the oil is equivalent to a 30 weight, that's obviously not good. But curious where they get the Universal Averages from...

There have been quite a few samples sent in from different cars that I know of . When the car first came out , Ford had installed the 75w-90 oil . Then some people started to complain it was to hard to shift in cold weather. The fix, Replace the Motorcraft Full Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid with XT-11-QDC Dual Clutch Fluid .
Mine I think , had this done before I bought the car .Not sure though, but I wanted it out of the car as the trans was getting very noisy .

Originally Posted By: double vanos
I switched my Mazdaspeed 3 over to Motorcraft XT-M5-QS and it had a model airplane glue smell to it. Made in Germany and it fit my Mazda's trannie to a T.
Perhaps that's what your trans had as FF. I paid $19 a quart for it.

Top shelf product IMHO.

+1

Good stuff. Gets better with age too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back