Need qt size leak proof bottle for engine oil .

My truck don’t have much space to storage a gallon oil or storage bottle stand up . So I always storage a qt bottle of oil laying flat under rear bend seat . No matter what brand oil bottle . They all leak . From Mobil 1 to penzoil 1 qt bottle . Only thing that work and no leak is a jack Daniel whisky bottle lol . I try find an alternative incase I got pull over .

Need a quart size bottle that leak proof for engine oil . Thanks

If you have never bought from McMaster Carr before, there are a few things you should know. They are huge, and have a very big selection of just about any mechanical small item you could need. Bearings, drill bits, screws, hoses, belts, blades of all kinds, glues, and many many other things. Before Amazon they were the largest customer of UPS and they have a very special agreement with UPS. They get very fast shipping, and they also get a very low price that they pass on the there customers. Order it before 3 PM EST and you can expect it delivered to you before the end of the day the next day 95 percent of the time, and if not the next day, for sure the day after.

When you need something mechanical and can not find it anywhere, check out McMaster Carr. There is a very good chance that if it is made they stock it.

Last edited:

If you have never bought from McMaster Carr before, there are a few things you should know. They are huge, and have a very big selection of just about any mechanical small item you could need. Bearings, drill bits, screws, hoses, belts, blades of all kinds, glues, and many many other things. Before Amazon they were the largest customer of UPS and they have a very special agreement with UPS. They get very fast shipping, and they also get a very low price that they pass on the there customers. Order it before 3 PM EST and you can expect it delivered to you before the end of the day the next day 95 percent of the time, and if not the next day, for sure the day after.

When you need something mechanical and can not find it anywhere, check out McMaster Carr. There is a very good chance that if it is made they stock it.
Yup best place to get quality hard to find fasteners for cars. Found my rear cv axle stub bolts for my GTO that where NLA at the dealer. Great site shipping is super fast and cheap.

Get a tupperware-like container just bigger than the quart bottle and lay it in it. There are a wide variety of cheap ones just around that size, you could look at Target, etc.

My truck don’t have much space to storage a gallon oil or storage bottle stand up . So I always storage a qt bottle of oil laying flat under rear bend seat . No matter what brand oil bottle . They all leak . From Mobil 1 to penzoil 1 qt bottle . Only thing that work and no leak is a jack Daniel whisky bottle lol . I try find an alternative incase I got pull over .

I am a vitamin water fan. The 16.9 ounce bottles are hard. Two of them will do the trick for you.

Only thing that work and no leak is a jack Daniel whisky bottle lol . I try find an alternative incase I got pull over .
Why would that be a problem if you got pulled over? You're not allowed to have a closed bottle of liquor in the car? What if you just came from the liquor store. Plus they have no right to search you without cause. And if they did, I'm pretty sure they can tell the difference between oil and whiskey. If you think that will be a problem, take the label off.

The only seal is under the cap … why not try some Teflon tape on the threads … then put it in a ziplock … original container that way …

Are you saying unopened bottles or oil leak?

If you're one of those individuals who suffers from OCD and consequently feels that must top off in less than one-quart increments you just need to stop. :)

Back