need information about ac delco oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I have couple questions about ac delco oil filters. I bought ac delco filter and it had smaller holes in it that i have usually seen in ac delco filters.I think they were same size that purolator has inside the premium plus filters.So i took the ac delco filter back and the salesman had same oil filters with much more bigger holes than the first one i bought.It seems that ac delco pf52 oil filters are available with two different versions,because they both had same numbers side of the filter;pf52 25171377 duraguard and they had different holes inside the filter one with big holes and another one same size that purolator have.I just wonder why? if they both have same numbers how come they are different inside the filter?? also, they both had year 1995,michigan gm corporation printed in the boxes.are the filters made in 1995,since they have that year printed in the box? And are they still good to use if they are made in 1995?
shocked.gif
I bought purolator premium plus oil filter earlier this summer and the year that was side of the filter box was 2004.

AC makes it's own filters; it also contracts with another filter maker to make some filters under the AC brand as well.
The supplier filter must, or at least should, be equal in performance to the AC made ones.
Compare those small holes to a Purolator or to a Wix, number and size shouldn't be a problem in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back