Need help

For all you oil experts and amateur oil blenders I need some help. If I took 4.5 qts of Amsoil Signature Series 0w20 and 1 qt of Signature Series 0w30 what would the viscosity numbers be? Or if I used 1qt of Signature Series 0w40 instead. Looking for a more robust 0w20 weight for summer driving on my Jeep. I already have the Amsoil oils on hand. I appreciate your help in figuring what the numbers would be.

4.5 qts of Amsoil Signature Series 0w20 + 1 qt 0w30... not much difference
4.5 qts of Amsoil Signature Series 0w20 + 1 qt 0w40... not much difference

Just dump all 0w30 in there, if you're worried about warranty, you're already not using Chrysler approved oil so just use whatever.
It meets or exceeds API SP GM Dexos 1(Gen 2) plus Chrysler MS-6395. Also, they can't void my warranty for using it. I am just looking to make the oil on the upper end of the 20 weight.

It calls for 0w20. Just looking for the higher end of the 20 weight.
If your goal is to make something like 0W27, nobody here can tell you what combination of weights to mix together. The results aren't always necessarily linear. If you use 2 quarts of 0W20 plus 3 of 0W30, common sense would say that's pretty close enough though.

0W-21.81 -or- 0W-23.63

Just kidding, it doesn't work like that. If you want a more robust 0W-20, use a 0W-30.
That's not exact, but a rough estimation.

There is a viscosity calculator online somewhere for an exact approximate result based on the factors that blend.

Either choice will be fine in your Jeep, though the difference is modest.

Does your Jeep have an oil cooler?

If so, you may find that "summer" driving is the same oil temperature as "winter driving" and it really doesn't need anything more in the summer.

When the 3.6 liter Pentastar engine first came out, they recommended 5W-30 in it, and that is what my 2012 manual says to run. I think it was 2014 that they decided to recommend 0W-20. I continue to use the 5W-30 synthetic I've always used.

4.5 qts of Amsoil Signature Series 0w20 + 1 qt 0w30... not much difference
4.5 qts of Amsoil Signature Series 0w20 + 1 qt 0w40... not much difference
Switch to 0W-30 ... difference.

Back