need help finding drain plug for hydrostatic trans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a white LGT 1155 riding mower with 11hp B&S motor.

I notice that It seems like my reverse isn't pullin much, and want to change the hydrostatic trans. fluid.

But..

A.) I can't locate the drain/fill plug for it
B.) What kinda fluid would I use for it

Cant help with plug location , hose off all dirt and take a good look . If it is a hydrostatic trans then go with Chevron THF 1000 fluid.

How old is the unit? Do you know if it's a Hydro-Gear or TuffTorq brand hydrostatic trans? On the cheaper units, there typically is no drain/fill plugs. There will be a top vent breather that you can use to suck out and refill the unit. You can also remove and flip it over to drain. TuffTorqs use 10w30 motor oil and Hydro-Gears use 15w40. Actually, you can use a 15w40 HDEO in either.

Joel

I don't know.. I think the unit is older then I am... lmao
in the 70's.

I don't know which trans it has either. Heck.. I don't even know where the transmission is since all I see is the block under the hood.

Hmmm.. Need more info. Gotta take a peek if you want answers my friend! If it's a Sauer/Sunstrand/Dafoss hydro, which was used in lots of old beasts, it will spec ATF or a 20wt motor oil (5w20 is fine). The old IH/Cub Cadet hydros used HyTran, which is essentially hydraulic oil, ie: ATF/5w20.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back