Need a really good 6 speed oil ( 08 BMW 135i)

Hi,
I searched but nothing came up. I own a 2008 135i (5 speed manual) and installed a bmw reman'd tranny last year. Its been almost a year now and it's knotchy. Shop checked it and all is good. I'd like to dump oil and check for any metal shavings for premature wear. What's a good oil to replace it with? I've used redline in my first d4 and d6 and they're ok. I'd like something better.

I've heard great things about BG synchro shift II helping reduce the notch feel in just about all transmissions.

what about Redline MT-LV? Is this an approved oil for my car?

Last edited:
In the end, I've settled on Royal Purple in my Manual transmissions. Worked superbly in the Miata turbo race car with both the 5 speed and the six speed, the S2000 Turbo six speed, and the Jag.

Does it specify an ATF type fluid of an MT type fluid? Syncromesh MT-1?

I've used MT 50 full synthetic, as well as Amsoil Manual Transmission GL-4 with great success in various transmissions.

Depends on what the builder and others recommend.

on the oem bmw bottle it says gpi glk-4 and redline mt-lv is api gl-4 rated. MT-LV is new and im going to give this a shot.

In the end, I've settled on Royal Purple in my Manual transmissions. Worked superbly in the Miata turbo race car with both the 5 speed and the six speed, the S2000 Turbo six speed, and the Jag.
Did you like the RP in the S2000? I have a new FL5 Type R and am debating what tranny fluid to run

Depends on climate, MightyMouseTech liked MT-LV when it was cold, but I see you live in florida....
So D6 probably would be best

I just found a NOS 5 litre jug of Pentosin MTF2 on fleabay- expensive but the Honda likes it. I think he has another jug- Quebec Canada. Should last two changes.

Back