Natural hair brush

Status
Not open for further replies.
This book I got from Amazon called "The Popular Mechanics Complete Car Care Manual" says you can avoid scratches while detailing and cleaning by using a natural hair brush, instead of a brush with synthetic bristles.

Where can I find a natural hair brush? The auto parts stores that I've checked only have synthetic bristle brushes. Should I try Macy's or Dillards? Yesterday, I wanted to use a brush to sweep the mini-shudders of my dashboard's A/C vents, but I didn't have a natural hair brush.

Have you seen that $8 Black Magic cleaning/detailing brush kit at AutoZone? It has a specially designed A/C vent cleaner, a rubbery tipped detailing tool to remove excess wax from tight spots, and some brushes with synthetic bristles. Should I go ahead and get that? Is it any good? Or should I continue looking for a natural hair brush? Thanks.

Last edited:
For vents and interior pieces scratches are not as much of an issue, vents especially. But a simple easy to find product that has natural hairs are paint brushes. Go to you favorite hardware store and they will have natural hair brushes in all sizes. Go for a couple small ones and your invest is pretty low. A giant brush is pointless for car care.

Horse hair or boar's hair are among the softest. As mentioned many paint brushes are "natural".

Originally Posted By: wytstang
The Black Magic brush kit is [censored], I bought it and it fell apart fast.

I didn't understand what you were so upset about, until tonight when I bought some natural hair, very small artists' paint brushes from Walmart's Arts and Crafts department, and began dusting away on my A/C vents. Ten bristles must have fallen out of that brush after just one use. Some of these things fall apart fast, just as you said.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Built_Well
Walmart's Arts and Crafts department

I bet their sable brushes are made from squirrel tails!
LOL.gif

Camel hair brushes are soft enough to not scratch celluloid and polyester base photographic film. Camel hair is also pretty anti-static as far as natural hair goes. A good camel hair brush is expensive, though. Kinda pearls before swine, if you use it for detailing your car's vents, I'd say. There are also very soft, synthetic bristle brushes that are anti-static and not too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back