Nasty (pudding in the engine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my neighbor's asked me if I'd help him replace the head gaskets on a 95 Camero with a 3.4 liter engine. I've replaced the head gaskets before, so I told him that I would. I told him that I'd prefer to do it in my garage because it's heated and all my tools are here. We push it into my garage and the first thing I do is drain the oil. I take off the drain plug and coolant comes out followed by a substance that looks like pudding. While it's draining, it looks like the car has a bad case of the hershey squirts. It took hours for the stuff to finally stop dripping. I took off the upper and lower intake manifolds and coolant was coming out where it shouldn't be. There's coolant in the air intake. The fuel injectors are rusted. There's a sludge-like substance in the engine where the oil should be that looks like chocolate pudding. It's just nasty. I don't know if this engine can be saved. I'd post pictures if I knew how. It just makes ya wanna cringe.

Nothing unusual here. Your neighbor's engine has water in the oil and oil in the water. Reminds me of an old Reeses Peanut Butter Cups commercial. Anyway, you're going to have to locate the block drain and drain the block. This would be a good time to clean the top of the pistons too. I think you know what else needs doing.

I'm not sure if the starter will turn the engine over, but from what my neighbor said, it will. Right now, the battery is dead and sitting on the floor of my garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back