Napa ProSelct oil filter question.

I was able to get a Napa ProSelct oil filter at work for 1.98. I was wondering if anyone knows about the quality of these filters? I have a 2008 chevrolet colorado 3.7

Attachments

• 20221007_164442.jpg
    20221007_164442.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 30
  • 20221007_164434.jpg
    20221007_164434.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 30
The quality is what you would expect from a cheaply made $1.98 oil filter. I wouldn't use one on anything having some value. A dollar more would fetch you a Supertech which is made far better and higher in efficiency than your ProSelect.

Please avoid that filter!

I cut open a new made Mexico Napa pro select, and it was millina envelope type paper inside.. Super thin paper and ripped by.touch ..I wouldn't use it on a lawn mower imo

Proselect as far as I know are made for low oil change intervals and less efficiency also only for mineral Oils.
I would not recomend this filter in a dusty area or high mileage cars or Siynthetic Oil. Mighty Engine Guard filters have better performance Overall and not way expensive.

Proselect as far as I know are made for low oil change intervals and less efficiency also only for mineral Oils.
An oil filter doesn't care if the oil is mineral or full synthetic oil. The reason you see some filter makes say the filter is "for synthetic oil" is because those oil filters are rated for longer oil changes, and the filter maker doesn't want someone using a filter rated for 5K miles with out rated for 15K miles and over-use the filter.

An oil filter doesn't care if the oil is mineral or full synthetic oil. The reason you see some filter makes say the filter is "for synthetic oil" is because those oil filters are rated for longer oil changes, and the filter maker doesn't want someone using a filter rated for 5K miles with out rated for 15K miles and over-use the filter.
Yes that was my point. Cheaper filters=Lower oil change intervals. Media is not able to whitstand 15K miles. These filter media often has less grammage and lower Mullen values.

Yes that was my point. Cheaper filters=Lower oil change intervals. Media is not able to whitstand 15K miles. These filter media often has less grammage and lower Mullen values.
A lot of people do 5K-7.5K mile OCIs even with synthetic oil. About every oil filter these days can take that amount of miles unless the engine is a total sludge monster.

Back