NAPA Proformer 5W30 Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Friends

Long time no see ive been away for a long time and came across this in my local Canadian Napa flyer, would any of you fine gents know if this is different from the valvoline rebadged synthetic cant find much info about it.

Physical state and appearance: Viscous liquid
Colour: Amber
Odour: Hydrocarbon
Flash point: 430 oF (220 oC)
Pour point: -44 oC
Viscosity @ 40 oC: Not available
Viscosity @ 100 oC: 10.2 - 11.1 cSt
Vapour density: Not available
Vapour pressure: Negligible at ambient temperature and pressure
Volatility: Non-volatile

https://www.napacanada.com/en/p/PFQPF5W30SY5L

Cheers

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Is this really better than their $18.95 5 quart of NAPA full synthetic?

We have both up here and they are advertised on alternate months. The Proformer sells for around $24 CDN and the Napa Full Synthetic sells for around $28 CDN or about $21 US.

Last edited:
All NAPA oils are great, yes re-badged valvoline. I been stocking up when the full synthetic 5qt jugs go on sale usually $18.99 here in NY. My Toyota's love the 0w20.

Originally Posted by Oildudeny
All NAPA oils are great, yes re-badged valvoline. I been stocking up when the full synthetic 5qt jugs go on sale usually $18.99 here in NY. My Toyota's love the 0w20.

This one is made by "Verco International" in Quebec, I don't think it's Valvoline.

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells

This one is made by "Verco International" in Quebec, I don't think it's Valvoline.

They are apparently a legit lubrication company NE of Quebec City and have ISO 9001 certification.

What model and years are we talking about with your Toyotas?

Thanks everyone for the input since its not well known or used i will just stick to the tried and tested brands that can be had for 25 to 32 dollars here.

By the way, the Dexos license for Napa Proformer is owned by UAP. UAP is owned by the same parent company as Napa in the USA. UAP runs NAPA in Canada and is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec. Verco International is also headquartered in Quebec. Not sure if ownership of the two companies is related but it looks like UAP struck a deal to market Verco International's motor oil under the name Napa Proformer. I don't believe Proformer is marked in the USA, but someone set me straight if that's not the case. It's D1G2 certified so it seems to be similar to many brands out there that are made by companies that provide motor oil for chains marketing under their own name much like Super Tech.

It's regularly on sale for $24 CDN ($18 US) for 5 liters which makes it one of the least expensive synthetic oils in Canada ( not including the rebate game).

"Use with confidence".
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
By the way, the Dexos license for Napa Proformer is owned by UAP. UAP is owned by the same parent company as Napa in the USA. UAP runs NAPA in Canada and is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec.

I do remember publications and ads referring to NAPA Canada as UAP/NAPA for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back