nanotechnology reverse wear??

HELLO,
Guys, what do you think about products that claim that they can "heal" scratched and scored cylinder walls and rebuilds worn engine metal like XADO 1 Stage Engine Revitalizant or TriboTEX ? I even read an article (link below) in the official website of NASA talking about this technology, I mean is that possible theoretically ??

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 92
There are surface smoothing technologies but the definition of wear is the permanent removal of surface material. Surface smoothing technologies do not replace worn material. They do smooth asperities or stressors which increase contact pressure. We see this used primarily in industrial lubrication.

The initial research was "funded" by NASA, not developed by NASA.

There is no way to Reverse wear. I.e., it is Tribologically impossible.

Consider this: A theoretical chemical compound would have to be dumped into a container of ALL of the used oil removed from an engine and then the concentrated mix of wear metals injected back into the engine oil.

Wear metals include Aluminum and a host of other wear metals from the alloys in the metallurgical mix.

How would Aluminum atoms, for example, know where to go back to the wear locations where the aluminum atoms had been removed? Preposterous!

Nanoparticles can only fill in the voids (valleys) created by wear.

There was also the original '70's patent which was used in the "Restore" product in which lead, copper, and silver metallic particles were suspended in a carrier oil. When added to engine oil 'some' of those particles filled in the voids (valleys) created by excessive wear. But like most of theses products, they may only be temporarily useful for engines with excessive blowby and destined for a rebuild; that is, engines on their "last leg."

Last edited:
What really got my interest was the SEM micrographs of the roller bearing raceway. I've spent over 20 years looking at bearing raceways using a SEM. I've seen it all. What they are showing is a raceway with stationary vibration damage from an abrasive particle that is then overrolled and the raceway is further damaged by hard abrasive particles crushed and milled by bearing operation.

The same irrational “repairs damage” claim is made for toothpaste. But that doesn’t prevent the SO from buying it.

me ? Keeping mouth shut. You’ll never win the war if you fight every battle.

Z

Attachments

• 2D0F762A-6F04-4DB2-B069-C38141939B60.jpeg
    2D0F762A-6F04-4DB2-B069-C38141939B60.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 15
The same irrational “repairs damage” claim is made for toothpaste. But that doesn’t prevent the SO from buying it.

Z
they should be sued for lies like these

Z
Except it's true for toothpaste, if it has fluoride in it, and calcium + phosphates help too but they're already in saliva. The rest is mostly marketing except for the amount of fluoride. Toothpastes without the claim of enamel repair still do it to the extent they have fluoride. Extensive studies have proven this. It's not as though it will return a rotten tooth to whole again but it can, and does put back a little at a time which is essentially repairing damage. It does not regrow new enamel, just fortifies and patches it.

That doesn't mean I'm a fan of having it in drinking water though... nor letting younger children use a higher fluoride toothpaste than the standard OTC 1000ppm type so they don't swallow as much fluoride.

Last edited:
Beat a nail sideways on concrete with your favorite Warhammer. Gouge it. Scrape it. Rough it madly.

Pour your product over it and see if it fills the voids, scratches and damage.

I'll wait for your response...

Back