Name a good alcohol wine/beverage for a beginner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dareo
I enjoy Gin and Tonic or Gin and anything like lemonade/citrus juices. Just don't taste the Gin by itself as a beginner.

Originally Posted by dareo
I enjoy Gin and Tonic or Gin and anything like lemonade/citrus juices. Just don't taste the Gin by itself as a beginner.

Yep, take it from somebody else I know, gin is deadly. Got him locked up by the Spanish police for dancing on a table in a bar in his Navy days. It will make you do stuff they haven't even invented yet.

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
I prefer sweet wines and the more natural the better.

Tried:
Kendall Jackson Reserve Red Melot: Dry dry gag gag

Anry Orchard hard cider original: I can only drink half a bottle, not sweet enough.

Beringer Pink Moscato Main & Vine: the only alcoholic beverage I enjoy without gagging

Manischewitz Blackberry: I like it, but it is loaded with artificial flavors, I want something more natural

I do not drink beer.

Well i will go out on a limb here and help you. Theres nothing wrong with liking what you like. Most of the ladies that i drink with are into Bang Energy Drinks mixed with Vodka.. so theres alot of variations to what people like.

A couple to start you off.

Barefoot Sweet Red Wine... just as the label says its a sweet red wine.

If you want a little zip- move into Lambrusco. Sweet Tasty with some bubbles.

If you want White Wines- Rieslings and Moscatos. Moscato D' Asti is very tasty.

Originally Posted by krismoriah72

Tried:

Anry Orchard hard cider original: I can only drink half a bottle, not sweet enough.

Beringer Pink Moscato Main & Vine: the only alcoholic beverage I enjoy without gagging

Manischewitz Blackberry: I like it, but it is loaded with artificial flavors, I want something more natural

I do not drink beer.

Well i will go out on a limb here and help you. Theres nothing wrong with liking what you like. Most of the ladies that i drink with are into Bang Energy Drinks mixed with Vodka.. so theres alot of variations to what people like.

A couple to start you off.

Barefoot Sweet Red Wine... just as the label says its a sweet red wine.

If you want a little zip- move into Lambrusco. Sweet Tasty with some bubbles.

If you want White Wines- Rieslings and Moscatos. Moscato D' Asti is very tasty.

Moscata D' Asti won't kill your wallet, either, even though it is imported from the land of beautiful women.

Originally Posted by JLawrence08648
I also like sweet wines and always enjoy a white zinfandel, Berringer makes one.

Better a Qualitätswein mit Prädikat than that.

But my dear Mother really enjoyed her White Zinfandel - with a little lime over ice.

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Originally Posted by CT8
I hate how the alcohol makes me feel .

Drinking requires lots of water to offset the headache

The being drunk and stupid part.

Tried:

I do not drink beer.

What are you drinking the wine with?

Dinner? White meats fish or du boeuf

With cheese and meat appetizers?

Alone?

Makes a difference.

This is nice alone for a beginner:

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
This is nice alone for a beginner:

[Linked Image]

This is a great wine, indeed, but judging by what OP described, I doubt it'll be sweet enough for him. He might want to try port or madeira.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
The OP should try a sangria. Go to a steakhouse and order one.

My favorite
11.gif

ci-carlo-rossi-sangria-4a67b72e31d409c2.jpeg

Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by CT8

The 10 feet tall and bullet proof part ??...³ðŸ¤£

Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by CT8

The 10 feet tall and bullet proof part ??...³ðŸ¤£

I though that was Coke.

Originally Posted by twoheeldrive
My advice, don't start drinking... alcoholic beverages are not good for you.

Hang on a second. Didn't Our Lord turn water into wine at a wedding because the caterer didn't bring enough wine?

Last edited:
Everything in Moderation, my son.

(And you just violated the Religion clause of your online agreement.

Do not make such assumptions; Some folks may be of other beliefs.)

I don't care for wine and don't understand it or want to. In my opinion it missed a very important step before being sold, distillation. I used to drink MD 20/20 when we would drink anything but you needed a running start for it.

I like whiskey. Usually Evan Williams with 7up or Squirt and a little lime juice. Or good vodka and good lemonade.

Beer just doesn't do anything for me anymore. I like a normal beer in a social setting but can't stand all these craft beer things that you almost have to chew.

Last edited:

Try the Beringer White Merlot. Even Walmart carries it here but sells out of it. It is normally restocked in a few days though. Good stuff and my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back