My typical breakfast and lunch on the road working

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
This was my breakfast and lunch yesterday traveling to and from FT Polk. I sometimes have time for a nice dinner, but often I eat processed package stuff as I don't have time or energy to find a place to eat. Fast food scares me, so I often stop at Family Dollar, Dollar General, Dollar Tree for my breakfast and lunch. Here is what I picked up yesterday. I avoid gas stations/ convenience stores because of their prices.

PXL_20210410_141912575.jpg
PXL_20210410_141912575.jpg

If I was on the road my choice would be fast food breakfast nothing beats fast food breakfast in my opinion anyway.
Working full time while going to college full time, I pretty much lived on fast food - I would grab whatever was the quickest and cheapest on the way from work to school. I'm paying for it now with high BP.

This was my breakfast and lunch yesterday traveling to and from FT Polk. I sometimes have time for a nice dinner, but often I eat processed package stuff as I don't have time or energy to find a place to eat. Fast food scares me, so I often stop at Family Dollar, Dollar General, Dollar Tree for my breakfast and lunch. Here is what I picked up yesterday. I avoid gas stations/ convenience stores because of their prices.

View attachment 53722View attachment 53722
Love the Wise onion rings. They are kinda hard to find around here.

View attachment 53722
Looking at this, I can feel the insulin coursing through my narrowing blood vessels.

I like the Onion (flavored) Rings... What's actually in them then?
I'd throw in a couple pound bag of unsalted almonds, a bag of apples, pack of mini cucumbers, 70% cocoa chocolate, and some pepperoni sticks. I think I could drive across the country on that diet alone if I had too, stopping for coffee once a day.

My 75 year old sister eats bologna sandwiches morning and noon. Frozen pizza or tv dinner in the evening. I wish I had her BP and blood cholesterol. Her BP is 134/70 and all her cholesterol's are good. Her Doctor said "you don't eat bologna do you?" She was horrified. I lived on the road for 32 years till I retired. Plenty of fast food but sit down meals when possible. I love soup and salads.

Back