My Precious...XHVI...15W30

Should be read in conjuction with this thread... (no don't get it closed) https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru.../1997-shell-product-data-book-xhvi-lubes Back in 1986, my gap year involved being a console attendant at a Shell servo...it was the transition to unleaded in Oz, and synthetics, M1, Agip, all those brochures I posted some time ago... Shell had this "new product" Shell XMO, a 15W30 using their then new XHVI...it got a bad rap for the "30" part, and was later replaced with XMO Hi, a 5W40, still using XHVI. Anyway, I knew a mate, who had a jug from a house clearance 20+ years ago...dropped around for a coffee post lockdown (am chaning my behaviours somewhat), and he was showing me the sheds, and changes since I was there, probably a decade ago...I spied the bottle, and now have it... [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] IMO, would be the perfect Oz oil these days...

Do you guys have any other 15w30's on the market? We used to have Delo. Was supposedly shear stabile but offered .01% (I'm making this figure up) better fuel economy. Catered to delivery vehicles and such with a lot of idle time.

Last edited:
Hi i saw your Picture of the Shell xmo can and would be interseted to buy it I am an oil bottle collector from Austria-europe would you be interested to sell it to me for 50 aus Dollar?