My outboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

driven2services

Administrator
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly: Nice! So...what lube you using in it? [Big Grin]
None at all. [Eek!] It's currently in about 50 peices in my garage. [Roll Eyes] They run surprisingly well without oil. [Big Grin] It seized up once, then restarted, then seized again and I remembered the oil. [Duh!] It started up again and ran the rest of the day, only to die permanently because of a bad timing belt. Soon it will be good as new...  - What did you do to the picture? [Smile]

driven2services

Administrator
quote:
Originally posted by cryptokid: timing belt? its a 4stroke?
No...but it has a distributor. [Wink]

Those old inline 6 mercs are stong. A buddy of mine had an inline 6 115 Merc on a 17 foot Boston Whaler. That thing was WAAAYYY overpowered, Joe

driven2services

Administrator
quote:
Originally posted by joee12: Those old inline 6 mercs are stong. A buddy of mine had an inline 6 115 Merc on a 17 foot Boston Whaler. That thing was WAAAYYY overpowered, Joe
Just the way I like it. [Big Grin] Mine's on a 16' Glastron.

That 2nd pic got a little color correction (more red/yellow) and maybe a contrast/saturation boost. That is a sharp looking chromey motor; hope you get it back running.

i rebuilt one of those 115 mercs when i was in high school. if you are ever up for a BIG challenge take that sucker apart, it is alot of work. one thing i remember is that the distributor rotor was $115, so don't drop it off the workbench! [crushedcar]

Status
Not open for further replies.