My Once a Year Gun Show Experiance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say, but there are a couple guys at our shows they are so fat, they can't even walk. I understand medical issues, but......and yes the sulfur bombs....what do these people eat?

Anyway, we have WAC shows here (in Monroe, WA and larger in Puyallup) (Washington Arms Collectors) and they are well, mostly guns. Smelly and plenty of overpriced stuff, but every once in awhile there is a deal. Some bulk ammo sellers. I bought a brick of sub-sonic .22LR for $29 last show. Not like the old days, but decent. Mostly I buy parts, slings, cases (some decent case deals). Lots of ripoff guys too, during the last banic Surplus Arms & Ammo had standard 30 rnd Magpul 5.56 mags for $79, and they large bins full of them. Wow, that made me not want to buy from them - but people who just bought AR's were buying mags regardless of price. I have a couple cases at home. I GAVE three magazines to a guy at work.

Anyway, I have plenty of friends selling at the show (it's 8 miles from my house), meet friends and work mates there. But yeah it stinks.
crazy2.gif
grin2.gif

I stopped going years ago for some of the reasons mentioned here. Yea there were a few fat vendors that sat the whole time probably because walking or even standing would be a major chore.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
......what do these people eat?.....

It's not so much what, as it is how much and how often. These people are weak, and do not take care of themselves. And there are more and more of them all the time. They have no discipline, and most have the personal hygiene of a barnyard animal. And all I hear is how they're, "weight challenged". Or some other foolish excuse for their weak, self destructive behavior. Sadly there seems to be an attraction of these type of people at gun shows.

Also as was mentioned, the women who are trying for the, "60 going on 25 look", at all these gun shows. I can't believe how many of these grannies I see dressed in micro mini's, stripper heels, spandex short shorts, leather, and enough make up and lipstick to support Revlon single handed. Especially the really large ones. Some of the larger vendors use hot young women to attract male customers. That I can see. But these types are there to put on a show. In the last decade gun shows have turned into half freak shows.

Here in Phoenix it's an expensive proposition to go as well. At the big Crossroads Show at the Fairgrounds it's $7.00 just to park, and close to $20.00 to get in. That's almost $30.00 before you look at gun one.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
I want to buy a loophole next time I go.

lol

The 2 legged scenery is always good.
20.gif

Originally Posted By: billt460
Here in Phoenix it's an expensive proposition to go as well. At the big Crossroads Show at the Fairgrounds it's $7.00 just to park, and close to $20.00 to get in. That's almost $30.00 before you look at gun one.

The SAR show in December is worth it. We park on surface streets nearby with no problems.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
The SAR show in December is worth it. We park on surface streets nearby with no problems.

The SAR show isn't bad, but the prices are no better than any of the others. Parking anywhere around there is a PITA. The show at the Cardinals Stadium has free parking, and isn't such a PITA to get to or from. Same lousy prices, but at least the parking is free and close by.

I like Wanenmachers fall show in Tulsa. They claim it's the world's biggest. I don't know about that, but it's big. It's a two day show and you can't see all of it one day. Lots of guns, very little fluff.

How do you buy a gun at a gun show? I thought cops and Sheriffs walked around to try to.. Yeah, how DO you buy an actual gun at a show?

I overheard a vendor at a PA fair/show asking a guy for his in-state ID when he was buying either a gun or a mag for one when there, but not sure what he did with it. He chided me for improper handling of an air rifle, too.

The fat person actually asked me to go with them, so I went. There was even a car auction.

Originally Posted By: Prune_Juice
How do you buy a gun at a gun show? I thought cops and Sheriffs walked around to try to.. Yeah, how DO you buy an actual gun at a show?

The same way you do at a gun store? Fill out a 4473 form, prove in state residence by showing your ID, passing the call-in back ground check to the state police, and then paying the seller money.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

The same way you do at a gun store? Fill out a 4473 form, prove in state residence by showing your ID, passing the call-in back ground check to the state police, and then paying the seller money.
You guys still have a private sale ban at gunshows?

I overheard a vendor at a PA fair/show asking a guy for his in-state ID when he was buying either a gun or a mag for one when there, but not sure what he did with it. He chided me for improper handling of an air rifle, too.

The fat person actually asked me to go with them, so I went. There was even a car auction.

Don't leave me hangin, man! This must have been like Disney World with candy and hookers!

Wow...... the last gun show I went to in Wichita was this exact gun show!
lol.gif
lol.gif

I don't even go anymore unless a buddy calls and it's over a holiday break and I am bored and
I wanna throw $10 out of the wallet for and hour and a half of "entertainment"

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back